Thursday, January 31, 2013

Ch5:Pg4: Dignified introverting

Sometimes as an intern you spend a lot of time in the car. For example, I drove to Mount Pleasant this morning to work at thePlate Boutique for an hour and a half, then drove back through Midland all the way to Saginaw for class with the new Spring interns from 1-4 and back to Midland. Spending that much time in the car not only helps me feel more confidant day after day with driving (we're all inexperienced drivers till maybe our late 20's early 30's in my opinion) but also gives me ample time for singing and thinking. The guilt I felt yesterday is still a layer on my skin, there's make up on my face, dried sweat from my work out, and theres a lot more below the surface of my skin. Let me share my grocery list with you tonight, maybe it'll inspire you and you too can be called the "produce girl" as I was tonight by two separate people (mind you they both work at Family Fare and must notice that I constantly mainly by fresh produce). List: Spinach pasta noodles (DELICIOUS and nutritious), 1 yellow pepper, 2 red peppers, 1 orange pepper, 1 lime, 2 apples, 4 bananas, soy milk, 1 box cereal, garlic, 2 cartons of strawberries (buy one get one free, how can you resist?), 1 can of black beans and garlic & basil pasta sauce. All very satisfying foods and since I already had sweet potatoes I'll be making sweet potato burrito salads minus the tortilla lol. I like being a vegetarian. I almost bought frozen Okra but since I tried it fresh down south in Alabama with my sister and only kind of liked it I passed for now. It's possible I'm becoming a food snob. I'm definitely alright with that. I just got a package from Amazon with my book + Dvd for (drum roll....) Forks over Knives! I'm looking forward to reading and watching this documentary. I honestly can't believe it's Thursday night and that February is upon us. Time is definitely passing quickly and I hope, readers, that you are enjoying these posts and maybe gaining something too. My dear friend (for uh what like 17 or 18 years??) told me she was inspired and is now starting a blog of her own! That's pretty cool and I'm happy to hear feedback and things like that, it makes me smile a little. Lately I've thought about inner nobility and worth. Dignity is not pride. I think they're similar but different too..I'm not going into why, sorry. Keeping on track, dignity is important and I try to walk with it, to keep it in my eyes, movements, voice and cries. You can cry with dignity and I have mastered that art. No, I do not practice. I just think there is a kind of cry that gets released with dignity and possibly a stir of other ingredients as well. It's a kind that maybe the tears don't fall but the dignity of them is there and if one was to look into your eyes they'd see right into your soul at that very moment. Food for thought. How is going to Mount Pleasant every day you're wondering? Well, internship wise it's fantastic and I'm extremely happy at this rotation. Being in Mount Pleasant presents its challenges and driving to and fro has its ups and downs. The whole town has changed to me and I wish you could see me now. Off I go to make lunches and clean up. Dignified and fighting, G. P.s. readers if you're interested in watching this documentary with me please let me know (:

No comments:

Post a Comment