Monday, January 7, 2013

Ch4:Pg6: Come home

It's lunch time here at MidMich. We get an hour off and today I needed to get some things in order and determine a strength plan to complete with my training. I'm familiar with this plan and maybe after each month I'll share with you all what I did. Just because...I can! It'll go something like this Sunday:Yoga, Monday Wednesday and Friday are shorter runs and strength training. Tuesday and Thursday are active rest and core strength and Saturdays are the long runs. Can you believe it's going to be in the 50's Saturday!? I'm not entirely happy as I want to get up and snowboard sometime and I know I know I keep saying that but I really do want to go. I forgot my giftcard when I went into mount pleasant this Sunday for Yoga so I sadly couldn't get new snowboarding shoes. Now that I'm thinking about my board I hope I can just get new shoes and not bindings too. I'm not completely knowledgeable in this area but a girl can learn. I'm smart and don't laugh at that! So let's see. I've seen at least 12 patients already today so I feel pretty productive. I'll be working in the ICU after lunch. Seeing, oh, four patients? It's kind of a slow day and I knock on wood as I say that because I think I'd prefer that over a really heavy/busy day. Moving on though, because I don't have much else to say about the internship as of right now. If you're my friend on facebook you may have seen my new timeline photo. It's a trunk that I found for $5 at GoodWill and DUH I bought it. I started clipping magazines (thank god I read Cosmo's and Shape's) and decided that I'll paint it and collage the hell out of it. Then I started looking around my apartment (last night) and realized this of course is not the first of my collages. I have some hanging in my bathroom, my bedroom, and a clipboard and I have some at home too. Finding "power" or "strength" words has always been something that I've done. Well, finding them and posting them because oh god I'm trying to write but my forearms are tired from strength training today (I am now in my apartment and it's no longer lunch time, it's dinner time!). ANYwho. Okay so I have these collages, with statements about myself or things I believe in. For goodness sake I have a folder on my desktop full of these pictures I upload to the blog or things I just like or make me smile or make me laugh...I think it's important. I surround myself by things that make me happy and remind me about myself and who I am on the inside and out because that's who I am. Then I wrote in my other journal of free texts and thoughts I'm never quite sure when will be ready for this kind of blog the following: I hope someone loves me for it. What I felt and what I mean is it's such an important part of who I am as a human being and I want to be loved by people for that part of me. Maybe other parts too I mean I am hilarious but lets face it. This trunk I'm working on is showing me and reminding me (along with the similar collages I've previously made) that this is who I am and this is who I have been. This is what I do for me and for other people because I like to point out the wonderful things in them that make them extraordinary. I like doing this because I love you all of you and I love me too. Always have and always will. You can take that in different ways. As the reader you might think I said, "she loves me, all parts of me inside and out" or you might have thought I meant "I love you [readers] all of you" like a quantity. Whatever you took that as please believe me. I tell you that I love you and that's never an easy feat. It feels good to say the word love, because that's me and I am love and I love to love. This mushy gushy lovey dovey blog post brought to you today with 3 spectacularly ran miles, strength trained body and vegetables, beans and meatless meatballs. Full of it, J.

No comments:

Post a Comment