Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Ch4:Pg2: Clink, Clink, Clink

What up January!? Here we are at the beginning of a New Year once again, la la la la la la. Working yesterday was challenging because the week off made me crave sleeping more and doing nothing more and so getting back to work required a bit more brain. The day wasn't challenging, I'm just a little tired of asking people if they need or want education on their heart healthy diet. We do get to do other things of course but that diet education is on repeat lately. Each time I recite it I think about my own diet and the things I eat. I eat quite healthy and of course snack on junk at times but now that I'm training for the half marathon I need to keep body fueled properly as much as possible. My mom introduced me to parsnips which were quite tasty and I found at the VA hospital during my food service rotation that I also like brussel sprouts. I love peppers of all colors, homemade soups of course, vegan recipes of all kinds that just taste better (Vegan Lasagna by Aby), onions, bean sprouts...look all I'm thinking about are vegetables right now and of course there are many other very healthy foods out there I consume. I also love oreos but we all have our vices. My point? Once again, I don't really have one. So lets move on to a little bit about my training. I ran 3 miles yesterday much faster than intended because the gym was closing soon after I got there. My new shoes felt great though I just need to get my feet more accustomed to them. My knee felt a lot better running in those as opposed to my worn out Nike free's. Today is an "Active rest" day meaning I could do nothing but should do some form of strength training which I plan to do after dinnertime. I wish this day wouldn't end because I'd like to just sit and sing, write, work on projects, feel good and also watch more Big Bang Theory. Okay I do all of that all other days too (aside from Big Bang Theory) but today has been a little different. I don't feel different because it's 2013 and not 2012, honestly I don't think that changes much of anything besides how often I write the number three now. Point being, the "year" doesn't change anything and neither does the time you're in, only you can change things and only you can make your own choices. Redundant? Maybe. Look, readers, you are responsible for you and try to remember one of my favorite quotes, "People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." Cheers to you all, I will never forget. Thank you Maya Angelou. Clink, J.

No comments:

Post a Comment