Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Ch4:Pg3: Baby I'm born that way.

:Mr. Blue, Don't hold your head so low That you can't see the sky: So let me tell you about my Wednesday. Holy Hell did we see a bazillion patients. We were short on staff and crazy shit kept happening with one of our RD's computers. I think I spoke with 20+ patients today. Maybe that doesn't sound like a big number buuuut it is. I ended on a solid note doing a low sodium/heart failure diet nutrition therapy education session. This patient's whole family and extended family were in the room like sardines while I stood in my little white coat talking to them all and trying not to blush. I don't get embarassed and I don't know why I turn red so easily but I guess it's my shyness at heart coming out. When I was little apparently some of my teachers spoke with my mother stating that I was too shy. I still look back and think yes I was shy but maybe I was just thinking! Gosh. I don't know but I do know that at heart, I am shy and I try to be bold in subtle ways. I lost some of my boldness in 2012 and that's alright. I think it's helped me find other parts of me I had missed. We're always changing or do we never change? Such a conundrum. Whatever you believe, believe it and if it changes, it changed. Switching directions, my dinner was stupendous after a 3 mile run today and a strength training work out that followed. My muscles are good and sore and I tried an Orange pepper today which was very flavorful. I got so into my running today I think I ran an extra half mile because I had to turn around twice after missing my streets. Maybe it's the new shoes, the arm band for my ipod, the music blocking the noise in my head or the chilly air freezing my nose. Whatever it was I liked it and I promise readers, I will try my best to stay positive as I train for this half marathon. I will be honest and say when it's hard but it's going to be hard. I'm going to run 13.1 miles and it's not just something to sluff off. Closing notes, the cashier at the grocery store asked me why I bought a blue carnation (not one of those wimpy ones but a big open skinny petal one). I told her, "well I think it's important to keep pretty things around me, I'm really starting to like living alone and I like to keep simple decorations around." She said, "You're a lovely girl." (mind you I see her weekly) I walked out of the grocery story humming a little tune about Mr. Blue (Catherine Feeny) I got in my car and felt lovely. My focuses, for you to hold me to them. Internship, check. Apartment awesomeness, check. Train for half marathon like a beast, check (and in progress). Start studying for the RD exam, studying like mad! Now! Lastly, start my job searching because people, I'm going to be 23 in May and I'll be a Registered Dietitian and I'll be starting the rest of my grad classes and I'll be a mad runner and I'll be me. Born to be, J

No comments:

Post a Comment