Saturday, January 26, 2013

ChBreak: SOS

Good morning, afternoon and evening Saturday. We woke up on little sleep and odd dreams preparing ourselves for the seven miler today! I simply can't eat in the morning before I run so I packed a Gu along for the ride. Kelsey and I were feeling pretty good & kept a decent pace. It's a lot harder (go figure) running in the snow packed roads where we had close falls and close ankle twisting experiences. The run felt great and at the end of 7 miles I was like, yup..okay cool. Not apathetic but I felt like it was just a little jog around Twin Lake and that felt great but I wasn't in any real pain etc. Thoughts? Here we go: Snow is kind of like sand but slipperier, My ass is freezing, my lips feel so dry, Kelsey and I have a pretty good pace, glad to see some people out walking and enjoying the sunshine, that looks like a dark cloud of death over the lake, and I really need to poop. Overall, a successful 7 mile run this morning topped off with warming up by the fire, eating and eating some more, and enjoying the hot tub. Naps and lounging, checking for puppies, tooling around Target and Barnes & Nobles, making delicious vegetarian burritos for dinner and leaving the rest of the evening open for whatever. I have some work to get through tomorrow and some side writing to do. My apologies for a week of blah postings, I'm still struggling to get back into this the way I want to. There are so many ways in which I'm told to be strong and to keep carrying on. There are so many things running through my mind and so many things I have to compartmentalize. -and I've been trying to do it right. I've been trying to do right for a long time, all the time. This isn't to say I'm perfect and don't do things wrong, but I'm trying. See, this writing isn't working because I'm holding back and I'm not sure how to write about things right now. Please, I'll say. Just please. J

No comments:

Post a Comment