Saturday, January 12, 2013
Ch4:Weekend2: Must eat oatmeal...
Five miler came and went! I held a steady 12:21 pace which is good for my long runs. My short runs are getting much faster and my form I think is pretty good too. This run brought a few problems/issues to light while running. Here were some of my thoughts. It's January and I'm in thick leggings and a tshirt, I hope my running pin stays on my waist, did that car just honk at me?, Oh no I have to pee, my arches are aching a little, it's warm but the wind is cold I can't feel my hands anymore, why won't my nose stop running?, what kind of oatmeal should I make when I'm back, I'm hungry, EYE OF THE TIGER Speeeeed up, the sun over that field is gorgeous, stupid twig and I finished with Pump it by the Black Eyed Peas. It was a grand run and I'm really proud of my pace. Now I had decided on oatmeal with peanut butter, 1 tbsp cream and 1 tbsp mini chocolate chips. It's delicious. While I like chocolate though, I didn't need a tbsp, it's almost too much because it tastes like a nobake cookie and I'd rather it just taste like a peanut butter with hints of chocolate cookie. I feel like I understand more why after half/full marathons people are wrapped in those foil lookin things. I'm trying to type but my hands are still regaining normal feeling and I'm wrapped in all my clothes I ran in, an extra sweatshirt, my slippers and a big fleece blanket. I'm still cold lol. Schmitty is enjoying the sun by stretching out and soaking up her rays through my balcony window. My apartment is slightly messy and I'm very okay with that, I have some recipes I'd like to try making today or tomorrow, I have a little homework I could work on and I have reading, moving things, shopping, hair cutting and all sorts of things I could do today. Must do all of the things! Including trying to finish this oatmeal which without the addition of nuts/almond slices today, the consistency is harder for me to choke down haha :) I wish you all a stupendously triumphant Saturday. Proud and proud to be proud, J.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment