Friday, January 11, 2013
Ch4:Pg10:Never
I made a typo, these are common for me, with my titles and this is actually pg 10 and there were two pg 6's. Oh well. Here we are Friday night. My mouth is covered in mouth sores and I don't know why. My dear friend Samantha visited yesterday and albeit we didn't get to spend a ton of time together it's quality not quantity. Her puppy is so great too! A perfect fit (: The hospital work was very busy because one of our RD's called in today...the flu is getting rampant. More and more people are coming in with influenza A and more often I'm gowning/masking/gloving up before I go into rooms. I'm trying not to get sick and I'll try to keep it that way. Switching topics, here are some things I have learned about the drive thru: 1) Just because they have stopped taking your order does not me they can't hear you (ppl didn't get this at McDonalds. I also was in line at Panera this evening and after saying my order and saying thank you, before I could drive forward I sneezed a god awful loud one. They said bless you and giggled. 2) You can talk normally to the intercom 3) You should always try to have easily functioning doors/windows 4) You should try not too say anything too hilarious before you order because you or someone you're with may get the uncontrollable giggle fits. and 5) Take your time. That was just something I was thinking about while waiting in line for my take out Panera dinner. Want to hear a sad slightly awkward story? We got a consult to do a Renal diet education and the RDs tend to give me any educations so that I get more practice of course. So it's after lunch and I'm all jolly I get up to the room and there's no one there and the custodians are cleaning. The room number is listed under discharge/transfer on the nurse's board and so I find the nurse and ask HI, I'm one of the dietetic interns, could you tell me if X moved to a different room? I'm supposed to give them education before they go home. The RN who already looked a bit off, just said oh, dear, she just passed. Like that. I didn't know what to say except that I felt awkward and mortified and I could feel my cheeks blush. The RN patted me on the shoulder and said our lives go on so we can keep trying to help people. Part about being a human though, is learning to accept your limitations. I'm finding mine or rather have found some of mine. Start by drinking our cheap bottles of wine and we'll sit talkin up all night. Daydreaming, J.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment