Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Ch4:Pg13: Moirai
The greatest endure the worsts. Those who persevere experience some of the hardest times. They find their ways. Like all the great ones. She told me she believed in fate because of what I talked about. She said it's the way you express it and it makes me believe that maybe there is fate. I reflect on this quite a bit and as I unpack and pack a tin rectangular box I notice how carefully everything fits inside. Like if one piece slips or shrinks or grew..it wouldn't fit anymore. I stared at it for a little while and knowing that it all perfectly fit made me happy. I could smile knowing where each puzzle fit in next to the other even if I tore it apart, it would be impossible for me not to solve it again. It's that kind of thing that makes me believe in fates. I mean fate can be anything and everything all at once. Fate's an interesting topic I'll have to tackle more later. Wednesday, we're already towards the end which is exciting because it means I get to read in bed and fingers crossed, dream sweetly. My mouth sores are spreading so I'll have to get that checked out tomorrow. Imagine having one canker sore but it being flat not a bump and it's spread like webs across your gums, cheeks, your bottom lip on the inside, the underbelly of your tongue and its sides. Yes they're quite painful but since I'm trying to cut back on salt, it helps that they're there because the smallest hints of salt make them burn. Enough of that. Want to hear about my last assignment for Clinicals? Of course you do! Try this on: Esophagogastrectomy. Did you try and say it? I've practiced it now so that when I'm talking with the patient I will sound like I took the time to get aquainted with the patient's condition. Pt (patient) also because of this has a J-tube (tube that we put tube feeding formula through into pt's small intestine) which will supply pt with nutrition for quite some time, though we're hopeful pt'll be able to eat small amounts again without it leaving the GI system far too unpleasantly and quickly. It's a pretty interesting topic so I'm eager to study it up a bit. Until Thursday comes, I wish you the comfort of night time and the peace that the stars tend to bring. Aw wasn't that cute? I'll leave you with this, "I fell....., the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once." And that's okay, it makes me believe. Muscle achin, thirsty, ready for bed before 8:00, excited to finish a book, ready for the weekend and tired intern, J.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment