Monday, January 28, 2013

Ch5:Pg1: She will be --

"She in her madness prays for storms, and dreams that storms will bring her peace." Tolstoy. --- Greetings, readers. Welcome to Chapter five! We never thought we'd get here huh? I'm very happy in my new rotation at thePlate Boutique in downtown Mount Pleasant. I can't not say how I'm also a little excited to be near Jimmy Johns and Max n' Emilys...Kind of love both of those places. So, Mount Pleasant, I'm back. I'll be working in the store with Kati Mora and learning more about entrepreneurship (I'm honestly surprised I spelt that right on the first try), writing for newspapers/magazines, writing reviews on products (which is my job tomorrow) and learning more about owning a business. Since my parents have owned Twin Lake Installations for a long time I do know a little bit about it, but this is a whole new side and a side that I am very eager to dip my feet into...let's face it I'm totally wanting to just dive right in. So readers in Mount Pleasant (sorry to my international readers) come stop in to thePlate Boutique right across from Max n' Emilys and see my face, talk with Kati, shop the store and tell your friends too! The first thing I learned today? Owning your own business or writing and blogging and all that jazz, is all about what you put into it and how are you're willing to push. I'm a pusher. That's okay and I like that about myself. I'm used to doing programs (for RA) and having them be very successful or totally bomb. It doesn't mean you stop trying. Chapter five is going to be stellar, my hours are awesome, I'm stoked for as many projects as I can handle and I do like being in Mount Pleasant for this time because it's not like it was before. I'm not an undergrad I'm a graduate student, I'm not an RA anymore and I'm not walking around campus or eating in the cafeteria. It's just different. The rest of my day? Well, training today for me was running 4 miles this morning in the rain, ice, and crunchy 2 inches of snow that as the "side walk." I didn't run that fast but you try running through snow, it brought back memories of walking through it on the Appalachian Trails..but we're not going there. I went to Mount Pleasant, grabbed Froyo with my girl Becky and went to yoga with Caitlin. A nice way to finish the evening, the roads were good for driving back to my lil home in Midland and even though I have a headache I'm pleased about the day and ready to call it a night soon. There was an interesting interaction today in thePlate Boutique which I knew things like this would pop up eventually. Sigh. However, I'm sleepy and ready to get out of my head and away from my headache. Sleeping and running have been two of the greatest and almost only way to get my head completely cleared and quiet. I like it. I tend to start and/or end with a quote, so here we go. "Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway." -Eleanor Roosevelt. Thanks Eleanor, despite anyone who would criticize or disagree with my choices..I think my heart and I continue to make the right ones as best we can. Praying for storms that bring peace, J.

No comments:

Post a Comment