Saturday, January 19, 2013

Ch4: Last weekend:Free from Michigan

We listened to "Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me (and other concerns)" by Mindy Kaling. I don't think I'd like it as much reading it myself as opposed to listening to it in the car (she reads it herself). It's almost like we're sitting with her listening to her read her book out loud (with no pauses). It's really funny so I definitely recommend it. Books make me feel more wholesome, that's a good thing. The trip to Akron, Ohio was easy and went by pretty quickly. We hung with her mama and ate delicious vegan brownies with peanut butter & soy milk on the side. My mouth sores still hurt but when they start going down, others tend to pop up :/ Moving on. I took the bike path down the hill from Aby's home today and went through trails and parks to run my 6 miles today for training. It felt like a stupendous run, because it was! My pace is something I'm very proud of, the dead skin on my feet is definitely falling off lol and the geese only chased me for a little while. Here are some of those thoughts I love to share that I had while running/jogging this beautiful Saturday morning: This hill is steep and I have to go back up it?, I have no idea where I am in space but this park and trail is beautiful, google maps lead my way!, man there are a lot of geese, shit these three are honking and flapping their wings at me, SPRINT, RUN AWAY, jerks (the people standing near by laughing at me), ugh awkward I just saw this runner and now I'm following him and need to go around him, my feet hurt a little, this snot running down my face must look so attractive, my hair is dripping sweat, and close to the end my knee starting speaking up and then I sprinted, turned jog, turned slow hard run up the steep hill to finish with both fists in the air like Rocky. It was a great run. We have a full day packed as Aby just went over "The Plan" and I'm pretty stoked for all of it. I'll have my first ever Chipolte (sp?) (which is like Qudoba but better?) experience, attend a 4 yr old (her nephews) birthday party at a Fro-yo place, meet some of Aby's friends and eventually descend back into the comfortable air mattresses for sleep. I think after the run today, the sores and everything else I'll sleep better than a hibernating bear tonight. Weekends are short but I'm glad this one has taken me out of my element and to a new state. This coming week will have lots of hodge podgeyness which will make my LAST WEEK OF CLINICALS/STAFF RELIEF go by so much faster. Excited much? You betcha. The puppies are on their way (back home in Muskegon) so I hope to see them next weekend when I am home with my sister Kelsey (kenz should fly home) and my mom and dad :) Celebrating a huge chunk of the internship done, puppies, being Boehmes and other things we'll find to celebrate. I've reflected some on a certain matter that's in the back of my mind, I choose to let certain things stay in my life because I have a belief that they're meant to be there? Haha I don't know but that's all I have for now. I'm going to stretch and relax while Aby gets ready and check out pinterest because pinterest. Proud and freed today, J.

No comments:

Post a Comment