Thursday, January 3, 2013
Ch4:Pg4: I'll sing louder if you sing along.
Thursday? Wow this week has kind of flown by despite how slow the days seem. Surprisingly the patient load was much lighter today but I still had a full day of work despite thinking and maybe hoping I would get out early. It's not that I don't enjoy this, believe me each day I feel I learn something new like oh hey yeah don't check residuals on the J tube guy or hey yeah pre-dialysis diets could try this supplement if they're low in calories but need to save their protein. I know that doesn't mean a whole bunch to some or maybe most of you. I don't exactly know who all reads this blog but I have a good idea of it. I really do like when I get to help patients. Doesn't that sound a little basic? Of course I'm there to help but I can't force someone to drink a supplement, add more vegetables and fruits to their diet, or have a conversation with me about their current diet and its need for change. I really enjoy that part of it. I did two very length education sessions today. I feel somewhat honored when some patients shake my hand and look me in the eye when they say thank you you are such a sweet girl. One of my educatees? said that to me today. I had a really good talk with her. I am starting and monitoring my own Tube Feeding patients (rare that we have them on the floors I'm covering but it happens. Of course all of my work needs to be signed off on but I feel I get better each day. I'm only 22, I mean the dietitians I've been working with have been doing this for years and years! I'll keep getting better. I wish sometimes I could eventually start my own business and just be an outpatient clinical resource center. Or maybe I'll work with kids or those suffering from eating disorders or people trying to lose weight or maybe I'll write articles for a journal. Goodness, yes the possibilities are endless. Tonight I'm buckling down after this entry and I start that list I keep trying to start about jobs and my soon coming search for them. It does kind of stink since I'd like to apply for them buuuut can't yet. I'll get there. Hey jessi how's training for the half starting off? Oh good thanks for asking, It's going well! Today was an active rest / core strength day so I did a harder cardio work out at the gym because I focused on strength training yesterday, and I just finished doing Ab-Ripper-X! I.e. my abs are going to be sooooorrreeee tomorrow. Every Tuesday and Thursday are specific days to target your core, other days are either active rest or run days. Tomorrow I'm running just 2 miles because a "long run" is for Saturday. Something I didn't expect? I'm actually not consuming enough calories lol. I know that sounds silly but I used to be a calorie counter natoriously not always the greatest thing but I've grown from that and I stopped for a long time now. However, I took it back up out of curiosity and found that my normal intake isn't quite great all of the time. Sometimes yes it's just fine. I don't know if this is due to taking up eating more vegetables or the HOlidays being over and my jeans are that little bit tight so we tend to eat less BUT what I advise is yes it's okay to monitor calories but I'm not going to start snacking on crap at night or even a ton of healthy stuff at night time (close to bed time) because I'm not hungry. I will need to update you on this as I progress, I find myself (almost finally) more so applying things I've learned about nutrition to my own body, my strength and my fuel that I need. Okay so I feel like I could go on and I think I'll leave you hanging on that line until tomorrow. Other thoughts? I got sporadically into poetry last night. Weird but I enjoyed my little entry. Sorry I'm not putting it here for the time being, in time maybe. Remember, I'm shy at heart and though I'm told I have a big heart there's a lot else that goes into it. That didn't make sense, right? I have no idea I'm totally rambling. WHATEVER. H'okay folks time for me to stop typing nonsensically, play with Schmitty, search for potential jobs and sleep because I need it. A little sore spot in the back of my throat has popped up and it will be defeated. Much like dragons. Far away, J.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment