Friday, January 25, 2013
Ch4:Pg20: Bring the blankets & I cover up my face
Chapter three and four have finally come to a close. My last day of Clinicals/Staff Relief is over and was nothing short of crrrrazy. Not a terribly "busy" day but definitely a different kind of day. I went along with one of our Dietitians to listen in on some home tube feeding educations. I had some of the longest and over detailed education sessions today and I typed my final notes. I don't know when clinical work will come back into my life, but I did learn a lot and that's not giving myself enough credit. That's just saying, Hi I learned a lot in the last fourteen weeks. Well for goodness sakes I hope I did! FOURTEEN weeks people. It's been a trip. I really liked doing educations when the patients or family members requested them. I enjoyed feeling like I was helping people while helping myself become more and more confidant & knowledgeable. I'm starting to think that a good starting job may be in a nursing home/ extended care facility. Aby and I discussed this yesterday as most hospitals want "experience." Well, I need job/career experience. It's time to get real that career jobs are in my future and FINALLY I will start getting actual pay checks again. I can't tell you how depending on others (i.e my family) for money when I'm short or someone pitching in to buy something because I really want it. I'd like to continue to improve on budgeting. My budget might go more towards organic foods and new things to try and eat but I'm still all about eating cheap & completely healthy. I said my goodbyes to the dietitians and walked out of that hospital for the last time as an intern. I got on the snowy roads that I didn't know were going to get worse as my journey continued home. Slowly but surely I made it to a snow covered (10-12 inches) Muskegon, Michigan. My mom had sweet potato soup and a sweet potato burrito ready for me and I ate the heck out of that. I was STARVING!!! AH! Delicious. Spending a nice night with mama, ran 3 miles on the treadmill and catching up on the Biggest Loser. Tomorrow Kelsey and I are running 7 miles. Garsh I'm distracted from writing as I'm watching the Biggest Loser and not only am I a sap but it just makes me want to be a home visiting dietitian. I want to help families eat healthy and love their bodies and the way they fuel them. My voice is crackly as I sang the whole way home and I'm tired from the way I felt this week. The nightmares are waring on me and I've been battling old battles that are bound to stick around but I'm bound to keep fighting. Cheers to me and the other interns hitting milestones, we're almost there. I have four more rotations, each are three weeks. Chapter five, I welcome you. The things that will carry on from chapter one and the things I can never see coming. Turning pages, J.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment