Friday, February 1, 2013
Ch5:Pg5: You're special
Friday? Try flyday. Today flew away from me. I woke up a little after 6:30 so I could run a few miles and do some extra strength training (AKA Ab Ripper X lol) while allowing myself ample time in the morning to relax. The time ticked and I left for Mount Pleasant and worked at thePlate Boutique on some materials and learned more about Nutrition Communications/Entrepreneurship. As I've stated repeatedly, I am enjoying my time there and I'm also finding that these 3-week rotations are going to pass by quickly. I had a really nice talk with my mom on my way back to my apartment. It's okay to fight and not know what else to do and to trust my heart. It's okay to fight she told me. Moving along, I made the same delicious meal I created last night (Spinach pasta noodles, a pepper, an onion, garlic and garlic&basil sauce) and thoroughly enjoyed being out of the cold and cozy under my blankets in my magenta sweet pants and Big Bang Theory season four at hand. I just made hot chocolate and found that dunking saltines into it is quite delicious! Salty, chocolately, what could go wrong? Tomorrow I'm psyching myself up for the 8 mile run. I didn't have much to complain about the 7 miler but 8 seems like a much larger number to me, even if it's just tacking on one additional mile. Kelsey reminded me that the 7 meant I was running over half of the half marathon and it's crazy to me that in 5 weeks I have gone from standardly only running 3-4 and maybe an occasional 5 miler, to running 8. Next week it's 9 then 10..11, 12 and a practice half marathon. It's also important to note that after tomorrow's run I am officially 1/3 of the way through training. Meaning 11 more weeks of the internship are left and 10 more weeks until the Gazelle Girl Half Marathon. After that it's continued training as I run the Fifth Third River Bank Run 25k (15 miles). Maybe I'll just transition right into marathon training. I love the longer it takes to run distance because as I've said before my mind gets quiet. Todays run there was more noise in my mind that I would have liked but I took it with a grain of salt. With the sun rising upon me I felt powerful and my muscles felt like air. A runner's high, if you will. It's a good feeling. It's like the little things. The good things. You miss them and when they're back you might grin from ear to ear or stop running and look up at the sky and feel more than small. "You're special. I wish you could see what I see." -J
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment