Friday, February 8, 2013

Ch5:Pg10: Can we run?

Welcome, Snow. While I'm happy to be surrounded in white fluff it was not a good morning or mostly a good day. Ready for the Friday rant? Here we go. Woke up throughout the night and when I finally think I fell asleep for almost an hour the Central Alert System calls me and tells me CMU has a snow day. I did not have a snow day. I should have gotten up and ran my 3 miles but I fell asleep from exhaustion and bad dreams. I woke up late then and had to rush around getting ready. I don't like to rush. I burnt my fingers badly on my straightener as I was curling (yes curling) my hair. Had no burn ointment. Burnt my eggs/pepper combo this morning so breakfast tasty like crud. Spilled cat litter bag all over my carpet and finally left only to find my car buried in snow (duh). Dug myself out and got soaked in the process and had to drive slow and defensively on the way to Mount Pleasant. Finally got a parking spot by working around the plows and trucks making and taking their snow piles in the downtown intersections. Finally, I am here I can get out of the car and relax. I did relax, Kati and I didn't have a ton to do but we're happy enough just chit chatting and working a bit too. I didn't really bring a lot of food so I got a Black bean burger from Max n' Emilys, the best part? I bought a Diet coke (and topped it with a splash of rootbeer) right? Cool. Then I LEFT it there sitting on my table and completely forgot until it was too late. Yeah. My day was going real swell. The burger was delicious though and I was feeling kind of tired but had to run an errand for Kati for our event tomorrow. (iF you're reading this and you're in Mount P, come to the Plate boutique from 12-2 and get sample (free) of homemade chicken noodle soup! As I'm deciding how best to get to Kroger I decide to cut through campus. I'll leave that at my tires simply weren't going fast enough. I felt like a shaking zombie at Kroger and luckily wasn't there very long. My head was pounding and my chest was hurting so when I was back at the Boutique I just sat and sank into the chair that I was comfortable at. Kati and I kind of worked and just talked and watched a Webinar about Eating Disorders (a field I'm still considering going into). Finally, the day was over. I made my way straight to the gym, jogged 3 miles and realized that my route for running the 9 miles tomorrow would be impossible with the snow so I have decided that the 9 miler will have to be done...on a treadmill. Please think kind thoughts and send them my way. So. To wrap up a week that has been kind of from hell not like a lot of things haven't been from there lately, my Friday is finally over and I'm looking forward to achieving the 9 mile mark, running the event tomorrow and then slipping back into pajamas and laying in bed hopefully sleeping. Sleep avaded me this week. Nightmares surrounded me and guess what? I still lived and I still choose to keep fighting. There you went again, -J.

No comments:

Post a Comment