Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Ch5:Pg8: Can we get lost in the moments?

"I'm just a little bit caught in the middle, life is a game and love is a riddle." Delicate singing for a light day. The sun is shining and I wish it were a little warmer or that I had time to go for a nice walk and soak up some vitamin D. I've been evaluating my daily intake and the foods I'm typically eating because I'm curious to know if I'm low in any nutrients. Sometimes I get these waves of low blood sugars even after I've just eaten a bowl of cereal with vanilla Silk + almond slices. Kind of strange and they usually pass quickly. I bought the worst tasting "Mio Energy" water flavorer ever. Never ever buy green thunder. It's not electrifying it just makes my stomach rumble with nausea and indigestion. My sister is much more sensitive to fake sugars than I am and generally I can handle a little splenda when baking or 1 packet in coffee or iced tea. This Mio Energy claims it gives you energy most likely linked to it having some B vitamins and caffeine. I call bull shit and it tastes crappy too (sorry Mio, I like some of your other flavors). I'm definitely feeling like I'm getting enough water in during the day especially when active /running so much, but like many other people I get bored with the taste so I try to flavor it up. I should just buy lemons and limes and go all natural, I have issues with pulp that I need to get over first. Hmm what else for today...it's half way through the week and I got Froyo with Rachell last night which was delightful. Froyo is so yummy especially when you load it with all the fresh fruit they have there (hello Kiwi!) and it was the perfect dinner ish/snack. Rachell and I have this habit of getting injured or going to urgent care (far too often) and we often pass this bad luck back and forth. Rachell's taken two hits and I'm just walking with tender step so to avoid unwanted trips to the doctor. Today is the first day that I woke up and didn't have new mouth sores and I didn't have a lot of pain in my mouth either thank goodness. That's a relief though I still need to know what's going on with them. The song, "The Show" played at the store this morning (thanks, Pandora) and I love how playful the tune is and the sincerity in Lenka's voice. I do feel caught in between multiple rocks and multiple hard places which is easily complained as "UNFAIR" but I'm moving around in them the best I can and as well as I can be expected to. Training for this half marathon helps me find some cracks in the rocks and build up while I break them down. Running is one of my one and only vices right now that I'm extremely grateful to for the ability to quiet my mind and just move my body. This morning I ran 4 miles (training stepped it up this week) and tried to do some speed training in there as well. I really have a hard time speed training, especially when it's snowy/slippery. I hope to see some familiar faces at race day (April 13, and yes I will plug that date in here often). I saw a neat idea on pinterest (of course) to have your friends choose a song that will be included on your playlist for race day. It could be a song they love, a song that reminds them of you or whatever reason they want. I'd like to do this, then I'll make the playlist with their names in the title so I'll know who is running with me at that moment. Cool huh? Very. Hmmph, well I should work through some other sings, hum and sing and print and cut and continue playing through the games and solving the riddles. Caught, -J

No comments:

Post a Comment