
You see many things during a Public Health rotation but I really am enjoying my time with this one. Time is flying by much like it did at thePlate Boutique and I'm very excited to get started with the virtual internship there as well. Know what I saw today? A home with a "sick bunny" in a cage inside....no, seriously is that sick or is it dead? I swear it looked more like a decaying rabbit to me. Moving on. My day went well although my lunch was severely disappointing. I ventured to Qdoba and got their naked burrito..only they piled on tomatoes when I asked for none and wouldn't start a new bowl for me, the vegetables weren't stir fried the way they should have been and overall the food was mildly warm...fail. Oh well at least the beans and rice were yummy. I made a better dinner of one giant red pepper cut up, almond slices, noodles, garlic/basil sauce and goat cheese. MM MM good. Dinner came after my four mile run that was a day late and that's just fine. The run went well and I'm looking forward to (fingers crossed) running the 11 miles outside this weekend. Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday, I'm really looking forward to the weekend to do my thang and run and relax and as I mentioned before get a better grip. I am organizing a "8 weeks until the internship is over" calendar that really means 8 weeks to figure out a ton of stuff and take my time simultaneously. Putting my training, classes, meetings, rotations...all of the things on one location. That tends to work well for me. Do you have a method that works best for you? Or perhaps you don't need a method, I do. I compartmentalize things outwardly so that inwardly I manage things as well as I can. I've been trying to compartmentalize things more but this week all the boxes burst and mixed together and I get to reorganize and reorient myself to my goals and my focuses for the time being. Patience, in some regards, is truly a virtue. I award myself for having good and terrible patience. I should be off and working on my calendar and then heading to sleep land. I've got a back drip cold ish starting that needs to stop which is likely due to being around kids during the day. Folks, thanks for sticking around even when I don't post links to my fb page and I leave your Thursday night to whatever you're listening to, humming or singing along with, the silence, the thoughts, I leave you with it all. Make sure you're always saying what you mean and meaning what you say. Make sure you're careful with your words and think. This relates to many, many, many situations right now and it also relates to the viral video I posted I my wall along with many others and I wrote "Tell me it doesn't hurt more than broken bones." Bullying comes in many forms, please be careful with your words and actions everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment