Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Ch6:Pg3: Baby talk

The second day of traveling to Mount Pleasant and onward to Houghton Lake left me with a couple of different thoughts. I'm learning a lot about infants, pregnancies and lactation. I fully plan to nurse my baby(ies) someday, the first milk that comes out of a woman's breast is loaded with TONS of nutrients that are so important for baby. It also has a laxative that helps get the baby's first poop out. I learned about baby poop today too. I really like working with Rachael and the car trips are fun too because we have much in common / to talk about. I enjoy car trips and especially when I can talk a lot with the person I'm driving with. Anywho, I'm learning a lot and we worked out during the first half of lunch too so who could complain? Tomorrow and Friday I'll just be working with Rachael in Mount Pleasant which is nice. I got results of some blood work back today finally and I'm still waiting on some tests to finish up. The virtual internship starts tonight with an online conference call for orientation and introductions. I'm looking forward to this starting and I'm looking forward to getting a better grip on this week...mostly looking forward to the Weekend to kick my ass back in gear. I'm sleeping well on and off, I haven't achieved some goals that I would have liked to see by now but I'm trying. I feel for once like going out to eat dinner which is weird because I haven't been in the mood to do that for a while. I have virtually 8 more weeks of the internship which is kind of amazing and scary only because I don't have a clue about what my next move will be and that's alright. I'm not worried about not knowing, I have time before my lease in Midland is up and time to unwind and figure things out. I'll be starting Grad classes this summer, yippee. Well, I'm considering starting this summer with one but I could start in the fall too. My copy of "Will Write for Food" came in the mail finally. More reading material but like I said I need to a get a grip on this week that is quickly slipping away from me. This has been a really stressful week and I'm exhausted due to a multitude of reasons including stupid periods. I don't tend to get cranky or bitchy or whatever but I do find myself more tired during these lovely times. Being around babies and hearing women's pregnancy and birthing stories does two things. One, I never want to think about my vagina ripping apart but it's too late, the story and image was planted in my mind and now yours as well. Two, I want a baby because I am learning so much more about why they call it a miracle of life and god the stuff that changes about our bodies (women, sorry guys) and the way our milk changes due to the babies age...it's incredible and amazing. I love holding and playing with infants and toddlers etc. Well, I'm staring at the pile of dishes I need to take care of and the things I should do to make my morning run smoothly and my morning run go smoothly. "C'mon, let's go be psychos together." Someday, J.

No comments:

Post a Comment