Saturday, February 23, 2013

Ch6:Weekend: Demand

I really don't want Saturday to be almost over but I cannot complain as I had yesterday off and slept almost through the night last night. I ran 11 miles today which was pretty awesome and I did them in 11 minute miles which is a decent pace for being on a treadmill for just over 2 hours. I tend to sprint for the last mile so I'm ready for race day. There's something I'd like to start getting ready for, for race day. I want my friends or readers or whoever to send me a song that will either empower me, remind me of them, or one that reminds them of me. I'll make a playlist and change the song titles to their names. That way, on race day I will play the song list and check as each song changes and see who is with me for the next few minutes. I read about that on, can you guess? Pinterest of course. I didn't have a lot of thoughts running through my mind during the run. I was pretty silent and read on my kindle and casually listened to the news. I had more sweat on me and dripping off of me than ever beforeeee. Okay maybe not ever but still. I was quite sweaty when I left. My back heel had a blister from the day before and the ducktape (with bandaid underneath duh) didn't last very long. I should have wrapped it better. I tried Cliff Shot Blocks today instead of carbohydrate gels. I did like the taste and I felt like I lasted longer / had more energy than when I do the gels and gatorade. However, I'm certain I look like an idiot trying to breathe and chew and swallow these very sticky gummy blocks that made me have more saliva build up than the gels. So. That's fun. I laid around my apartment for a while after that trying to make myself eat. I had a nauseous taste in my mouth after my muscle milk which was no fun but luckily had some peppermint around. I facetimed with Andrea which was great :) and also got to skype with laura later on which was also great even though she couldn't see my face. Silly webcam. I currently have a headache and am sipping green tea as I'm trying to get in as many antioxidants as I can. Later I shall use my "Yonana" maker for the first time and I'll share how that goes later. I took a power nap which was delicious and sad upon awakening because I was in such a wonderful dream. It was one of those dreams that is more of a memory warped back into the present or future and you wake up knowing you're physically awake but keep your eyes shut so you don't forget the beautiful things you saw or felt. And that's okay. There's confusion in my life, there's two... TWO months left of this internship, future living situations are on the horizon, jobs, grad school, races, sunshine...it's all coming. There's confusion and there's mess, but it's okay. It demands to be felt. J

No comments:

Post a Comment