
Saturday has gone by far too quickly although I did spend two hours running on the treadmill (10 miles baby) and much time with puppies and with my mom. Also quite a bit of time at the hair salon. I'm digging my new color. It's pretty cool. Good dinner with a nice treat Kelsey brought home (gourmet cupcakes). Still looking around at jobs and still just trying to fight. I can't shoot. I feel as though I'm at some kind of stale mate and it's not a fair one (are any stale mates fair?). Only I know I won't be making any moves because I need to be patient and I think I recall "stale mates" because I just finished re-reading The Hunger Games. Were you wondering what book was giving me such great escape? Or did you already guess because you know me? Depends on who I am talking to but I am sure some knew. Funny, reading that book and thinking about how I can escape into their world where they can't escape. Kind of a conundrum right? I start losing interest towards the middle / end of the second book and have never re-read the third as I wasn't very satisfied with it. I think I'll give the whole trilogy another go with this round and maybe it won't be such a struggle. My run, well it was numbing. I don't mean physically, physically there were some aches in my low back, hips and knees but nothing too terrible and nothing that I couldn't stretch out. I'll feel it more tomorrow. My run was numbing because my mind blanked out and I just ran, in place because I didn't bring my water belt and I've established a good routine of refueling/keeping fueled during my longer runs. We're less than 60 days until the race and a little over 60 days until I graduate from this internship. Public health rotation is next and I was told to bring workout clothes if I liked because they work out after / during their lunch break! Cool if you ask me. Anywho, back to my family as I'm hanging in my old room scraping older stickers off my bed and walls. Stale mated, J. Believe me that I'm there but I can't say anything.
No comments:
Post a Comment