Today flew by for me much like yesterday! I woke up early and made my way to Harrison which was a 45 minute drive from my current home. It was a lengthier ride but easy breezy with little to no traffic. I met with Kristina R.D there and we went off around to Clare for a home visit. We had an office visit following that which made the whole morning go by really fast. Kristina was nice and easy going and after our last attempt at a home visit that afternoon which I think in total took over an hour to try and find and then come up short and then to return..lol Oh well, we relate for a good number of reasons as she too was an RA. I've felt privileged that I have met so many different RD's throughout this internship and get along really well with all of them. We have good conversations, there aren't awkward silences really and I have enjoyed the variety of skills and knowledge I've learned from all of them. As Kristina and I shared stories as RA's I had a smile on my face that was hard to shake. Yes, it's true..I miss my time as an RA and all that went along with it. I'm happy to be away from that time and have my own apartment but I've realized that "RA" Jessi hasn't really gone anywhere. The jobs I'm searching for, the plans I have for my future RD blog/site, the ways I make nutrition important to myself and others is going to involve so much of what I learned about myself while being an RA. Which leads me to my future tattoo that will be happening in good time. I've mentioned it before and here will mention it again. "You have to choose to keep on living." Quitting has never been an option for me. Well, yes it has been there but even if you slip, fall, stumble you have to continue to push. It seems like that is one of the major themes of this blog with me and I think that is because I have been facing adversity and difficulties I never saw coming and some I did. Things that have tried to take away my spirit and hope and things that I have refused to control me. It's a struggle sometimes and I am fighting hard. But another favorite quote of mine is from one of my heroes, Jillian Michaels.."Why are you settling for second place, when you could have first?" Of course she might be saying this with an uber amount of passion or rage depending on who she's working with...but it resonates in my mind and I promise to always choose first. It doesn't mean I win everything lol, I'm a frequent loser at games...it doesn't mean people won't be smarter than me but it does me I will always continue to be the best me I can be...I wish the same for you and you and you and you. Hmm, I sound all inspirational tonight. I hope I've at least made you smile and have inspired you in some small way. You have to choose to keep on living. And that is my choice and I choose to have faith where I have placed it. Your patient fighter, J.
Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Ch6:Pg7: Please choose
Today flew by for me much like yesterday! I woke up early and made my way to Harrison which was a 45 minute drive from my current home. It was a lengthier ride but easy breezy with little to no traffic. I met with Kristina R.D there and we went off around to Clare for a home visit. We had an office visit following that which made the whole morning go by really fast. Kristina was nice and easy going and after our last attempt at a home visit that afternoon which I think in total took over an hour to try and find and then come up short and then to return..lol Oh well, we relate for a good number of reasons as she too was an RA. I've felt privileged that I have met so many different RD's throughout this internship and get along really well with all of them. We have good conversations, there aren't awkward silences really and I have enjoyed the variety of skills and knowledge I've learned from all of them. As Kristina and I shared stories as RA's I had a smile on my face that was hard to shake. Yes, it's true..I miss my time as an RA and all that went along with it. I'm happy to be away from that time and have my own apartment but I've realized that "RA" Jessi hasn't really gone anywhere. The jobs I'm searching for, the plans I have for my future RD blog/site, the ways I make nutrition important to myself and others is going to involve so much of what I learned about myself while being an RA. Which leads me to my future tattoo that will be happening in good time. I've mentioned it before and here will mention it again. "You have to choose to keep on living." Quitting has never been an option for me. Well, yes it has been there but even if you slip, fall, stumble you have to continue to push. It seems like that is one of the major themes of this blog with me and I think that is because I have been facing adversity and difficulties I never saw coming and some I did. Things that have tried to take away my spirit and hope and things that I have refused to control me. It's a struggle sometimes and I am fighting hard. But another favorite quote of mine is from one of my heroes, Jillian Michaels.."Why are you settling for second place, when you could have first?" Of course she might be saying this with an uber amount of passion or rage depending on who she's working with...but it resonates in my mind and I promise to always choose first. It doesn't mean I win everything lol, I'm a frequent loser at games...it doesn't mean people won't be smarter than me but it does me I will always continue to be the best me I can be...I wish the same for you and you and you and you. Hmm, I sound all inspirational tonight. I hope I've at least made you smile and have inspired you in some small way. You have to choose to keep on living. And that is my choice and I choose to have faith where I have placed it. Your patient fighter, J.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment