Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Ch5:Pg7: Can we cook?

I want someone to cook for me goodness do I miss that. I miss cooking for other people not that I have done it a whole lot in my past but I miss sharing that meal with someone else. The more I experiment in the kitchen and take pictures of my food to try and "share" it with others, the more I want to cook for people so I"m not the only one judging my new creations. Maybe I'm the only one who likes spinach pasta (it was on clearance at the grocery store yesterday and I was like uh Yes PLEASE). I feel awkward saying this but I bought a pear and I don't know what to do with it. I've never eaten a pear, I don't know how to eat it even if there is no proper way. I bought pearl onions because I think they're delicious so later tonight might be a frozen vegetable/pearl onion night. I woke up at 6 this morning so I could work out before coming in early to thePlate Boutique. My strawberries didn't last as long as I tried to stretch them for so right now I'm hungry but satisfied by the new greek yogurt 2x protein I tried. 150 calories but it packed a protein punch for sure. My mind keeps wandering to Max and Emilys as I planned to eat there today, their sandwiches always taste so fresh and are flavored in ways I wouldn't have thought of on my own. I'm starting to pull ideas to keep my meals varying but it can be difficult when you're on your own. Just something to put a little more time and effort into. Effort, now there's something to tackle. Life is effort and the amount you're willing to put into it will often be apart of your outcome. I've been going back into some old, but good, ways as to how I approach certain issues or when I'm listening or asked for advice. However, I posted a quote that really resonates with me as a person and on this issue of giving advice, understanding people, and having faith. The quote reads, "All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love." For me this really hits home because it is who I am. I love. I love to love and to never stop. I love to care about people and I love that I have a big forgiving heart. It's important to have a lot of love because we're all going to face obstacles in life that effect the way we love (be it ourselves or others). It's important to keep love close to your heart no matter what type of love that is and no matter how you express it (love languages). I have fallen for making delicious meals for myself and not half assing them just because I'm on my own, egh not good enough. I need to enjoy my time alone and do what I can to make the best of it and if part of that is cooking new exciting meals then so be it. P.s. I forgot how much I adore home baked no salt tortilla chips, I don't care that they're $2 more. Well, I'm kind of getting off topic but then again what was the topic? Cooking? Mm, yes. I learned that pureeing garlic cloves in with olive oil and avocado really brought out that garlic taste (delicious) and I wouldn't have known that if I hadn't tried a new thing. While I'm really thankful for the cookbooks I've acquired I try to go through their recipes and mix and match them! They've been a real help in learning new cooking methods, new mixtures and portioning for one instead of two or more. That's all for today, since everything I understand, I understand because I love, know that sometimes I still don't have a clue. I understand why I am the way I am and how it relates to love but no, I don't have my life all together and no, I don't know what my future looks like. I just want to cook, so can we? Whipping out the cute apron for no great reason other than it's cute, -J

No comments:

Post a Comment