Monday, February 11, 2013

Ch5:Pg11: I'm waiting on rain

I'm struggling to write to you tonight as looking at my computer, though I have dimmed the screen, is adding to the headache I've felt since early evening. I slept alright, only waking from a mild nightmare and too much heat. I ran five miles this morning which oddly seemed short compared to the longer runs I'm doing now. I also learned at this run that I could push myself much farther to do miles under 10 minutes which I neglect doing most of the time. My face was very red/pink as I left but I went back, made some delightful eggs with ENGLISH MUFFIN TOAST. Yes I bought english muffin bread this week, I never buy bread but it seemed like a good loaf. Work went by really fast today for some reason. We had a good number of customers and I worked on several assignments while also just chit chatting with Kati about things on our minds. I've really liked working there and I'm surprised I'm already into my last week. Chapter six is upon us friends. Thinking of friends, Perks of Being a Wallflower comes out tomorrow and I am going to purchase that immediately. If I had enough gumption I'd get up at midnight to go to the store but why would I do that when I need sleep? I've spent my evening post dinner reading and sitting with Schmitty. I wanted to doze off and nap but I knew that wouldn't be a good idea. I thought about how I feel like I'm in the desert waiting for rain or the arctic trying to build a fire. I have three more rotations to go through after this one. I'm trying to mildly think about future plans. I've discovered that during my runs, I've started to sip on powerade which makes me nervous for electrolyte imbalances. I wish I had more interesting thoughts to share with you tonight. I looked back on a memory of a couple of different walks tonight. I went through them as they happened in my head and looked outside full knowing I was not going to change and go outside. This made me a little sad. Hope makes me a little sad. My cat looks a little sad tonight. This headache is bringing me down. My back has knots I can't get out with rolling and I'm hating this headache. (A quick side note of joy, Rachell just let me know she got accepted to Simmons for grad school and I am SO SO SOO happy for her, I had to share the wonderful news!) Alas, readers...I should stop looking at this screen and while I'm still waiting for the rain that I almost know will come, I'll be patient because I don't have another option. Headachy with an ounce of sad, J

No comments:

Post a Comment