Phew. Glad Wednesday is coming to an end. I started out early at 6:00AM to be exact and was surprised to see just as many people working out in the morning as I see in the early / late evening. I ran my four miles easily as I had music playing and my kindle in front of me. The book I'm reading takes over my brain and the four miles was done before I knew it. I had plenty of time between post work out and get in the car time to run to Meijers. Strange, because I never go there anymore. I bought Perks of Being a Wallflower and felt all of the emotions. It rang up incorrectly so I got it for $5 off an already somewhat low price for a new release. I bought some peppers and salad necessities and was out of there in less than 11 minutes, success. Our story continues as I go to Mount Pleasant and sing my voice and heart out, pass by all of the familiar places and work at the Boutique with Kati. We had a busier day in terms of customers (woo!) and I was doing some research for an article I'll be writing. I'm discovering that writing and food and dietetics and discovering these new possibilities is opening some doors for me in terms of my future. I have some ideas and other days I feel clueless and that's just fine. Im' 22 for pete's sake. I had to leave quite early today to get to a class with the other interns about Pharm D. He talked about drug-drug interactions, drug-nutrient interactions and so on and so forth. It was an interesting lecture and by the time it was done...I was pooped. I felt drained and was still thinking in the back of my mind, why did my sweat smell sweet this morning? Something to look into more. Tomorrow is Valentine's day, a customer came into the store to buy a healthy gift for his wife (a really lovely wooden bowl that she had her eye on before) and said it would be better than buying chocolates. It's thought that matters people. Did you know what the week prior to Valentine's day Americans buy over 58 million pounds of chocolate? That's a stupid amount of chocolate and kind of makes me sick. Did you also know that millions (I'm sure millions or maybe less or more) of people don't have mothers on mothers day or fathers or fathers day? Or how about grandparents (I'm without them) on grandparents day? So please, don't complain. I'm getting antsy for the change approaching. I discovered it's likely I'll still be spending a lot of time in Mount Pleasant during my public health rotation so that is going to be new and exciting. These 3-week rotations (at least my first one) are going to zip on by. I'm really thankful for the opportunity to have worked with Kati and learn a completely new aspect about dietetics that really sparks my interest. I just ordered a book called, "Will write for food." I started reading it at the boutique yesterday and I'm actually kind of dying to finish it. With that said, my other book is calling me, it's only 8:30pm but I'm exhausted and this is going to be an earlier night. I cleaned, ate delicious soup, brushed the hair/hell out of the cat, and I'm writing to you all and in my other journal and I'm starting to formulate ideas for my future blog as a professional/nutrition expert/RD. Sometimes, yes sometimes, I question wait, I'm going to be an RD? When did I get out of college and is this the rest of my life? Kati and I discussed these things as quarter life crises. I'm not 25 yet and honestly? I'm such a little kid still. Sure, I'm going to be licensed (except that means little in the state of MI for other reasons) and I'll be professional and damn I'll have to start wearing dress pants eventually (maybe) but...as of now..22 years old is little. I'm actually thinking about the number 52 (not the age) among other things. I'm blabbering. Tonight I need to leave a piece here. The elephants in the room are making noise and I need them to quiet down. Reading to silence the elephants and mind, GM
Wednesday, February 13, 2013
Ch5:Pg13: I am young
Phew. Glad Wednesday is coming to an end. I started out early at 6:00AM to be exact and was surprised to see just as many people working out in the morning as I see in the early / late evening. I ran my four miles easily as I had music playing and my kindle in front of me. The book I'm reading takes over my brain and the four miles was done before I knew it. I had plenty of time between post work out and get in the car time to run to Meijers. Strange, because I never go there anymore. I bought Perks of Being a Wallflower and felt all of the emotions. It rang up incorrectly so I got it for $5 off an already somewhat low price for a new release. I bought some peppers and salad necessities and was out of there in less than 11 minutes, success. Our story continues as I go to Mount Pleasant and sing my voice and heart out, pass by all of the familiar places and work at the Boutique with Kati. We had a busier day in terms of customers (woo!) and I was doing some research for an article I'll be writing. I'm discovering that writing and food and dietetics and discovering these new possibilities is opening some doors for me in terms of my future. I have some ideas and other days I feel clueless and that's just fine. Im' 22 for pete's sake. I had to leave quite early today to get to a class with the other interns about Pharm D. He talked about drug-drug interactions, drug-nutrient interactions and so on and so forth. It was an interesting lecture and by the time it was done...I was pooped. I felt drained and was still thinking in the back of my mind, why did my sweat smell sweet this morning? Something to look into more. Tomorrow is Valentine's day, a customer came into the store to buy a healthy gift for his wife (a really lovely wooden bowl that she had her eye on before) and said it would be better than buying chocolates. It's thought that matters people. Did you know what the week prior to Valentine's day Americans buy over 58 million pounds of chocolate? That's a stupid amount of chocolate and kind of makes me sick. Did you also know that millions (I'm sure millions or maybe less or more) of people don't have mothers on mothers day or fathers or fathers day? Or how about grandparents (I'm without them) on grandparents day? So please, don't complain. I'm getting antsy for the change approaching. I discovered it's likely I'll still be spending a lot of time in Mount Pleasant during my public health rotation so that is going to be new and exciting. These 3-week rotations (at least my first one) are going to zip on by. I'm really thankful for the opportunity to have worked with Kati and learn a completely new aspect about dietetics that really sparks my interest. I just ordered a book called, "Will write for food." I started reading it at the boutique yesterday and I'm actually kind of dying to finish it. With that said, my other book is calling me, it's only 8:30pm but I'm exhausted and this is going to be an earlier night. I cleaned, ate delicious soup, brushed the hair/hell out of the cat, and I'm writing to you all and in my other journal and I'm starting to formulate ideas for my future blog as a professional/nutrition expert/RD. Sometimes, yes sometimes, I question wait, I'm going to be an RD? When did I get out of college and is this the rest of my life? Kati and I discussed these things as quarter life crises. I'm not 25 yet and honestly? I'm such a little kid still. Sure, I'm going to be licensed (except that means little in the state of MI for other reasons) and I'll be professional and damn I'll have to start wearing dress pants eventually (maybe) but...as of now..22 years old is little. I'm actually thinking about the number 52 (not the age) among other things. I'm blabbering. Tonight I need to leave a piece here. The elephants in the room are making noise and I need them to quiet down. Reading to silence the elephants and mind, GM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment