Friday, December 21, 2012
Ch3:Pg50: Calling us
I'm..home? Wow. Just as I was finishing the drive (the end was better than the beginning and middle where I think I peed my pants a little) I realized while chatting with Aby that my Basic Clinical rotations are finished. Today was a frantic messy day. I felt once again scatter brained, I teared up during rounds when the Gift of Life people came in today. But, I'm done working in the ICU's unless I'm sent there during my staff relief rotation. I'm done after ten weeks of clinicals I'm completely done. Well no not really. Staff relief is the same thing like I've said before...at least I have a week break off to reboot a little, recharge, relax, redo, reformulate and breathe. My plans? Nothing too concrete. I do need to walk by Lake Michigan to be by the water, I need to mail out many letters, hike Snug Harbor and try and look out from the same spot I always look out from and see something different. I go to this spot everytime I hike this hike. I stand there and stare out into the open scenery and wait for it. Something is always different in me when I look from that spot. Some of you reading have stood there with me...I am not selfish of my spot. I feared that spot for some time. I feared it being there and helping me the way it always does because I didn't want it. I soon went there as much as possible and now I'm craving for that spot. I need to go there this week and let it be there for me. I miss that spot. There are other things I miss too. Missing vs remembering things is different. What's that? I keep remembering a certain night that is one night I both praise and condemn. Let's not get too far out in this post eh? Schmitty tolerated the ride alright and is happily sleeping on my bed at home. I'm comfortable in my comfy clothes..warm, with doggies and my family around me, I nibbled on the remaining pomegranate seeds from lunch, my body's adrenaline has finally run its course post white knuckle driving, and happy 100th post to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment