Tuesday, December 18, 2012
Ch3:Pg47: Against all grains
The risks I take. The girl I am. I haven't changed and I've changed in every way. I'm sitting at my internship currently with 15% battery left on my computer. We literally have been dead since this afternoon and I haven't had much extra work to do with both presentations completed last week. I need to get my eyes checked and I hopefully can get to that today. I need to work out at the gym and get myself mentally ready for my training to begin for the half marathon. I actually kind of want to run outside since it is sunny out...we'll see once I get to leave. So, my title. Going against the grain or "off the grid" if you will. Something that I'm thinking about today and lately. Going against either gut instincts or feelings or finally going with them. My gut tends to have at least 5 different instincts on the same subject though so sometimes I just hold off until the answer becomes a little more clear. Remember when I talked about a tattoo? I am talking about it again though it'll take time for me to get it if I do end up getting it. It would be the phrase that I so smart-fully created, "You have to choose to keep on living." We feel everything and it can control us till we're sobbing or raging with anger or regret, however...we will always, always have the power to control how we react to them. Always. Yes, in extreme cases some people snap. I'm not talking about faking it till you're making it or hiding your feelings. Just remember you're in control of you no matter what you think. When you think you still need someone you might. When you think you're done you might be. But you have to choose to keep on living. Those two examples are small and aren't exactly what I'd like them to be. I also believe that I still am who I was. Though I'm changed in everyway. That person hasn't left and she's not going anywhere.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment