Thursday, December 13, 2012
Ch3:Pg44: Where is everyone?
This headache is getting old. I woke up once again feeling not so great around 2:30 this morning. I did, however, wake up at my actual scheduled time feeling like I hadn't ever fallen back asleep. This actually helped me just get out of bed, throw clothes on and do other necessary morning dillydallys and go to the hospital early. This morning was crrrrazy. Everything kept changing, orders kept shifting and the wrong information continually fell around us. Gr. It was a frustrating day, I scarfed down lunch and we went upstairs to do our presentations. I'm actually glad I did both of them today because the tense air around them has subsided. They both went really well in my opinion and Kali's presentation went well too. Ann (our director) made us banana bread and I sat and chatted with her for a little while after. I speedily calculated some TPN needs, wrote a few more notes and finally got to leave that day behind. I headed to the mall this evening after work to stroll, not think and buy things. I did think about some purchases of course as they related to Christmas shopping but mostly I tried not to think..of anything. This is the moment when I say that nothing was everything I thought about and no matter where I went, the candles I smelled, the fabrics I tested or the money I spent changed my thoughts. My thoughts finally were interrupted by a hungry belly and the need for dinner. I made my standard and called it a night with my pjammies on early and netflix on the couch. It's only 9:30, my headache is worse, my thoughts are hopeful and my daydreams aren't changing. I spent a long time in barnes and noble tonight. Sometimes I wish I could stay trapped there and all I had to do was read, learn and think with the smell of imaginations, fairy tales, adventures, passion, paper and ink around me. My headache is making me foggy, I'm craving socialization since my cat seems to be ignoring me for the time being and my spirit is bracing me for a leap I don't know that I can take. Yes folks, sometimes we stop our hearts and sometimes we follow them. Just never, ever lose your mind in the process. Even when you're in the midst of an internship, you're trying so hard to do it all right and just be who you are, never forget that you're already there. Send me a little night time thought wishing my headache away. Happy break to all of the CMU students reading this who are either on their final final exams or papers or applications, to the ones who never stop having work and to the ones who are in tears so happy to be home. I can hear your absence from CMU all the way over here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment