Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Ch3:Pg43: Sodium Please

Every patient (pretty much) that I have been working with/on this week has high sodium levels. I want to remember this because we've been looking around the hospital trying to find out who's sneaking who salt! hahaha, it's not just salt that causes those levels to rise but at the moment I'm in bed ready to sleep so I"ll have to save that for another post. Hospital = busy day + cookies, free lunch that wasn't that great but the conversation was better than the last "Schwratz Rounds." It's when a topic is picked a panel chosen to discuss / lead a conversation about that topic. Todays was turn over rates. They brought up that some of my generation / younger generations don't have the same loyalty to companies that they did a long time ago. This isn't true, but we do change jobs more than generations before us. Again, this topic fascinates me but I don't have time to go into it. After a long day there, I went for a really hard run and pushed my lungs as much as I felt I could. It was snowy and cold and sunny, perfect. I made butternutsquash soup with beans and carrots mixed in. Skype date with ABy. Then worked on my presentations for tomorrow. It's the two biggest projects for the clinical rotation and I might not end up doing both presentations but I'm ready if I have to. Sigh. I have to admit I hate doing presentations. My lisp comes out more and I turn red lol. Oh well. They'll be over and done before I know it. Then tomorrow night I can just relax, sleep and watch a movie. My headache believe it or not is still lingering and I still wake up feeling generally not great. This weekend should be good though with lots of sleep and whatever else I feel like doing. If you're still in the thick of exam week/papers applications or extra credit (don't you miss that?) make sure you're loading up on fruits, veggies, FIBER, whole grains you know, the healthy stuff and lots of water...don't think caffeine is going to help you ace that test. It'll dehydrate you and make it harder for you to focus. Crazy concept, I know. ANywho that's my bit of advice for tonight. I really want to fall asleep quickly so I wake early, get in early, print everything I need, and brace myself for my day with Thursday. Here's my quote I like today, “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” Albert Einstein. Be brilliant friends, love j

No comments:

Post a Comment