Saturday, December 29, 2012

Ch3:Holiday8: FruityTooty

It's coming to a close much too quickly. The Christmas decorations are all packed away into our crawl space and the house has been cleaned, dusted and swept of all things Christmas...including dust. It looks like a sunny day outside and I'm waiting for Andrea to get her butt out of bed to come hang out with me! When I start thinking about my friends and who I'm closest with I always remind myself that her and I have been friends since Kindergarten. That's a long time! Many friends from high school have all gone their separate ways, friends I've met at CMU have stayed or gone away and I've made new friends through the internship. I am going to start that list of possible moving locations once I get back to Midland and I'm sure I'll meet more people wherever I go next. My point? Don't have one. I'm just thinking about friends and my love of having them. I also enjoy being alone too as much as I get lonely sometimes. I think I'm a mix of extroverted and introverted. IDK. All I do know is that I don't want to drive back just yet but at least I get New Years Day off and I only work till 4 on New Year's Eve. Let's hope all of the Christmas goodies haven't turned my nutrition brain to mush. The picture I am attaching to this blog today makes me happy. I like looking at myself just standing in front of my apartment and I remember how I felt that day. Strong, independent, healed and ready for new beginnings. A lot of things have happened in 2012 some really great and some really awful, others happened for the right reasons while some happened for reasons I still can't explain. Honestly? Maybe I do believe everything happens for a reason, maybe I don't. I don't think the reasons are clear until you're looking back on them from far far away. All I want is for my heart to stay full of the love I have given and held for myself, my brain to stay sharp and ready for challenging situations, my body to be my greatest ally as I train for the half marathon, my spirit to stay bright and my breath to keep steady. I may sound greedy and I may sound like I want all of these things...but if you dont' want them for yourself, you can't expect someone else to want them either. Classy and sassy, J.

No comments:

Post a Comment