Thursday, December 6, 2012

Ch3;Pg39: You want a rant?

Today was a long full day. But a really good one too. The morning was not full of a heavy patient load and Heidi and I worked on check ups and some educations and since by some oddity everyone on staff today was matching in colors. This made Heidi think we should all go to Entre Amigos for lunch so we did! It was super yummy and we had a nice time :) It was good interacting with them outside of the hospital. I got to leave after lunch and go with Aby to CMU to be on a panel for our director's class. Ann teaches a class to the senior dietetic students who are getting ready to apply for their internships. It's odd that I was there only a year ago, it seems so distant now. It was nice being on the panel, though I wish it lasted a little longer. Aby, Janet, another girl from the MSU internship who graduated with us (Jen) went with our director to starbucks at the Bovee UC and that was nice as well. After that Aby and I decided to go to a new restaurant (fairly new) in Mount Pleasant called Dharma Mojo Tea Bar + Grill. It was pretty good minus a tea server but fun none the less. There were shennanigans in the car on the way there and I was reminded of the feeling of adrenaline and the semi inappropriate laughter than ensues afterwards. You know, the kind when you're laughing but it's just your body's response to get out the feelings. That kind. Driving back I decided to go to Target after Aby got back to her car. BUT. Now where am I? A hotel. Yes. A frustrating night ensued when I got home and my apartment reeked of a gas like smell. I found schmitty and called my apartment complex who finally came out and were like hmm yeah that'd give me a headache too. They just called me again to tell me they definitely think it's a tub re-glazing going on in the room below me. That smell is coming up through my vents and since I wasn't aware of it before hand my apartment smells awful, my windows weren't open and my poor cat was breathing in that crap for god knows how long. I was hardly in there and I have a headache. So. I go to a hotel where they put me on an outdoor entrance room and I'm like. Absolutely not. I'm a 22 year old girl and I don't care if you think this is silly but I'm not staying in a hotel outdoor entrance room on my own. So they moved me and after a shower, no comb to comb my hair with because I forgot, guzzling down water to get rid of toxins and headache, I am now in my "king size" bed wanting to just sleep and leave as soon as possible. My apartment better smell better tomorrow. I'm annoyed and wanted to write other things to you all tonight but instead you got my rant. Sometimes it's like I said a while ago, it's not always the internship that's stressing me, it's things outside of it like elephants, obstacles, things and headaches. Annoyed, J.

No comments:

Post a Comment