Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Ch3:38: It isn't easy

"Come take my hand and I'll take your hand. And I will bring you out. Come take the line and I'll take the line. And I will pull you out.In the sun." lyrics from a song sent to me recently. I really like it. It was so nice during our lunch hour today to have the sun shining on us. Today went by relatively quickly and honestly my lunch was the best part! Aside from seeing patients and having a low key day in terms of work load. I saw the flashing blue lights above a door today which means a patient is coding and you just see the tension in the air rise like static. It was a little crazy but we were not apart of that situation nor do we need to be so we carry on. I hate hearing sirens at night time (I just did) because I think oh no someone is in dire need of help and I might see them tomorrow. It just makes me sad. Anyone working in a hospital knows it and you just learn I think to put up this thick skin to it all. I should ask my sister, she's a nurse and I'm sure a damn good one at that. I am glad my whole family will be home for a time while I'm on my mini break...it'll be so nice. I feel like I'm going a little stir crazy. Work, go to gym, shower, make dinner, eat dinner, work on project if necessary, check email, read, write, doodle, watch netflix, blah blah blah. I am excited to go to CMU tomorrow with Aby and help with our director's class and hang after. Pretty sweet if you ask me! Overall people, the internship goes as it goes and it goes well. It has been smooth sailing and I'm glad that I have a mini break between "clinicals" and "staff relief" though they're very similar. I'm strongly considering a tattoo and I'm also considering my plans for the weekend. I'm also starting to try and consider my plans post graduating the internship. I'm considering a lot of things at the moment. I'm also considering leaving this post at that and saying one last thing. The elephant is back.

No comments:

Post a Comment