Tuesday, December 11, 2012
Ch3:Pg42: Our way
Welcome to my Tuesday: I woke up at 3:45 am due to my headache's persistance and just a general feeing of malaise. My window was open as per my mother's suggestion not only to get fresh air in but hopefully to keep toxins out in case I'm still getting subtle amounts of what filled my apartment last week. I didn't go back to bed for an hour or so and when I tried I think I fell asleep pretty quickly. I went into the internship today bright eyed and keeping a positive attitude as we rounded through the ICU and educated people on heart healthy dieting. Kali and I got to leave at 2:00 to get to Saginaw for our Nutrition and Physical Assessment with Jim Brewer. He was a preceptor at the VA hospital for me remember? I really like the topic that we discussed and I find it so fascinating that it's simply not used as much as it should be. However, I think that comes with this in tow...you need to know what the hell you're talking about before you just start "physically assessing" patients. On that note though, if you notice something that sparks a nutrition diagnosis thought (as Jim say's it is always nutrition related until proven otherwise) like a really smooth red tongue, you're looking at some specific deficiencies and should get some others in to back you up. Nutrition can do so much more than provide diet therapy or dietary life style changes...I hope to continue to expand my knowledge and become much more of an expert in clinical nutrition for this reason. I do hope to work with the pediatric age group, but that's just a goal as of now. So after class it was back to Midland, cooking a quick dinner, relaxing for a teensy bit and then working on my two major presentations coming up Thursday afternoon. At least I get them both out of the way in one swoop but it's a lot of talking. If you don't listen to me speak often, my lisp comes out when my mouth gets tired...great. So I was practicing and after lisping too many times I am calling it a night and heading to bed. I'm exhausted, my headache still lingers and I'm as ready as I'll be to greet Wednesday with bright eyes and hope. I bid you goodnight with my final thought for the day. Let the truth have its day and we'll find our way back. Sweetest dreams, j
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment