Tuesday, October 2, 2012
Ch2;Pg 16-17; Appenda-what?!
<3
Totally wish I had that sweatshirt right now! Here we go. Did you miss my posting yesterday? Oh that's because I didn't do one. Many people have asked for a full story so here's the down low. I got sick this weekend with a bad head/chest / achy body everything feels awful kind of cold. It kicked me in the butt and I had mild side pain but didn't think much of it. Said cold got better Sunday and though I still felt run down and my stomach was tender to the touch I just resolved with myself that I was sick. I went into the VAMC on Monday morning for my internship day and put in half a day before I had to call it a day. I drove home and went right to the Urgent Care center. The doctor felt as though I had an appendicitis based on the symptoms I had described and my back was now getting radiating pain near my kidneys. After a urine and blood test I still needed to wait to see how things went. So I went home and took a nap and watched a bad movie on netflix (Conception I think it was called, no good lol) and as I started getting the fever and chills again I took my temp at it was going up and above 99 so I decided (after talking with my momma) that it was time to go to the ER. The ER at MidMich here in Midland....hmm well let's just they must get a lot of traffic and it took a total of four and a half hours to get me from the main waiting room to a room where I could see a nurse/doctor. Finally met with a nurse who was concerned about multiple things like my appendix, my pancreas, kidneys and gall bladder. You know, some fairly important organs (aside from the appendix). The doctor came in and knew I needed a CT Scan...now let me tell you a story! Little did I know that I was going to get a very special kind of CT Scan. This kind required an Enema. Go look that up :) it was the most awkward experience of my life perhaps. Then I had contrast in my IV and felt as though I peed my pants but the feeling fades, I'm wheeled back to my room and wait again. At this point I have friends and family on standby but my four and a half hour wait took up battery life and my phone was near dead. The doctor comes in and is like yeah you have some appendicitis going on and so we'll be doing surgery in the morning sometime. OKay? OKay. And he's gone. The door opens again and my nurse and another doctor comes in and is like okay we're going to prep you for surgery now. The next time span is a blur and they're taking out my hair clips and helping me undress and pack my things. I'm frantically texting and calling my family and my phone goes black and next thing I know I'm lifted to a new bed and wheeled down a hallway. I kind of wish they were running like they do in the movies but I won't get picky. The last things I remember are nurses and anesthesiologists telling me to relax and not worry. I was pretty freaked out I won't lie. Emergency surgery isn't something you mentally prepare yourself for. I was given medicine to help me "relax" and it made me feel warm and fuzzy. Then they're putting me on the table and smiling and talking to me then I woke up in the recovery room. ----- I got taken to my room and Aby was there waiting for me :) It was so great having someone right there when I woke up! It was about 2:30 in the morning and the nighttime staff was just trying to get me comfortable but man was I not. Aby hung out for a bit and left me with all sorts of goodies and took my prized possessions so no one would steal them, and I woke up every hour or so after that to get my vitals taken. Score for Jessi, I have incredible blood pressure. It's a Boehme thing :) But so, sleepy sleepy, trying to pee, on a "clear liquid" diet which means more to me than possibly to you since I study this kind of stuff. I did eventualy move to a full liquid diet. Anywho, my girl Rachell came and spent like the WHOLE day with me which was great, my mom got there at the tail end of it with goodies and her "mom"-ness which everyone needs when you're sick or in a hospital or Oh yeah just had your appendix taken out. So, finally got discharged then got home after making quick trips to a pharmacy and panera for good soup. Then home and nested up with everything I need. Then I slept and Aby and Ben got here to say HAY and brought me an adorable Gourd. They helped my mom get hers and my cars both back to the apartment complex. I ate some food uh tried peeing some more annnnnd mostly now just writing to my audience :) I'm glad things are settling but the pain is still pretty bad. I'm sure it'll get better soon so bear with me while I'm writing and getting through all of this. It's still hard to wrap my head around an emergency surgery, my appendix taken out and this just started happeing about 24 hrs ago now (the process of finally getting into a patient room etc). Well I'm noticing many red squiggly lines under my words and that shows me that I'm tired and ready to call it a night. You're all great, keep the words of love, thoughts and healing coming as well hey they'd make anyone feel better :) You're so wonderful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment