Wednesday, October 3, 2012
Ch2;Pg18; Pain, Discomfort, Daydreaming and Mumford&Sons,
Well goodmorning to a lazy and relaxing day. I'm trying to walk / pace through my apartment for 5-10 minutes per hour because they said that will help my intestines work properly again. This is probably TMI but who cares! It also causes "flatulence" or farts lol which honestly feel really good after I let them out. They hurt though too but I can feel my intestines moving things around. I'm honestly terrified of being constipated because I had an awful experience with that after my ACL surgery last December. On that note...I really want to be done with this whole up and down sickness stuff. I swore to myself to keep healthy and all of the doctors told me I was. My blood pressure is impeccible and I'm not bragging but I'm just glad that I've stuck to my personal promise of getting healthier and healthier all the time. It's a constant life mission to be honest. No one is "healthy" and then it's like over, no! It's an on-going battle because no one is perfect and everyone gets sick somehow sometime or another. I guess what I mean is that, if your goal is to be "healthy" then know that you're in it for life and it's not one you should ever let go of. Will you slip up? Yes. Will you sometimes eat unhealthy or do unhealthy things? Of course. Don't beat yourselves up. Just keep moving forward. So are you unhealthy or doing unhealthy things? Sure you are! Well the first step is to admit to them yourselves, try talking out loud or writing them down. It's okay to admit them, it's HEALTHY. See? You're already getting better. Now, try talking with them about someone. Maybe you need a counselor or a dear friend by your side, your mom, dad, sibling, grandfather I don't know who! But what I do know is that talking about things and taking action to tlk about them helps. Let's just look at my current situation. Appendectomy- unhealthy because my appendix was all like I"M GONNA GET FULL OF PUS AND INFECT YOU AND MAKE YOU HURT. It's also kind of made my brain freaked out and I'm still trying to wrap my head around all of this. If you know me well you know I've been to hospitals to many times from torn ACLS, sprained ankles, cyst in the wrist, head trauma, a dislocated elbow...a possible broken nose when i was dancing with becky and elise! Yes the list does go on. But now that I've written more and I talk with people more about what's recently happened. I am able to logically think more about it and what I need to do to get better. Many friends and family have already helped me here, my mom cleaned my whole apartment and set me up super nicely so I would have it easy. She's spectacular :) So there, I'm taking steps to get better and reminding myself nutritionally what I need to do to heal faster and keep on making my body stronger. I haven't figured out how to combat dry mouth as a result of the vicodin but I'm working on it. But see? Unhealthy, don't like so I'm reaching out trying to fix it. Oo...my stomach is gurgling which is a good sign. I haven't had an appetite in days really so this is good. If you're bored and wish to visit me in Midland please do :) I'm not so lonely nor bored yet but I love seeing people, I think it makes healing better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

We missed you at the food show today. Hope you are feeling better and back to the grind soon! :D
ReplyDeleteThanks Missy! I wish I could have been there!
ReplyDelete