Monday, October 8, 2012

Ch2;Pg21; Plan, Scheme, Design. Just do it.

Monday funday. So I got to sleepysleepy in a bit today since I am interning at the VA and we celebrate Columbus day. Then I made some b-fast and went to the doctor to get my wounds all checked out. They had no mercy ripping the bandages off of me which was quite painful. However, the incisions are tiny which is nice and they're healing just fine. My appetite should come back to normal soon and no more vicodin because it's giving me hives. I'll admit it was nice to just fall asleep so easily but when it starts to cause itchy hives, not so good. So I did some goodwill shopping and got some gas in the car and drove to Mount Pleasant. I went to THIS: Kyle Eveleth, English, will be presenting his work entitled, Tricks, Codes, and Tips: Tricky Language, Participatory Elements, and Transmedial Storytelling in Scott Pilgrim; or “Sex, Lies, and Video Games,” on Monday, October 8, 2012 at 1:30pm. The defense is being held in Anspach Hall, Room 215B. Dr. Bill Wandless is the Committee Chair. All interested parties are invited to attend.: and was apart of the parties that attended. SOOOO much of what was said in that room was crazy above my vocabulary and just over my head in general but it was extremely fascinating to listen to. Kyle, shout out, you did great and you answered the questions without nerves or stutters or anything! (he was a bit nervous, which uh, i would have been sweating buckets, I WAS sweating buckets for him) crazy stuff. But he did splendidly, I was glad I got to watch and with Justin too! It was great to see Alex and Kyle and I am wishing them a safe trip back to Kentucky. After the horror was done and clapping had ended, it was time to go to the bar. The bird was the words and then Justin and I headed out. I visited some peeps in larzy which was fantastical :))) It was nice to see the lit up faces when I whizzed around and it made me miss the dorms a little, but then I got back to the quiet of my apartment and I'm thankful for all I learned there but glad to be in my own space now. I'm already thinking about my endless possibilities for where I'll move after the internship though some things are in the way of those thought processes. I'm getting tired and really need to hit the hay. Here's my closing thoughts. If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. I came across that today and it's so true. Very applicable to anything you're trying to do in life. Also, I came across this in my facebook newsfeed by Caitlin Cheevers, "You may lead, or you may follow, but eventually you will have to move." It really resonated with me and I'm going to leave you to think about what both mean to you. Oh. I may be doing a lil creative writing on the side herrr. Might be great might be dumb either way, it's happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment