Wednesday, October 24, 2012
Ch3;Pg8: Come home
Sometimes I get lost in the beauty and the hope that I see. Sometimes I get lost in the music. Sometimes I get lost in a thought or daydream. Sometimes I get lost in my pie in the sky ideas that come and go and come and go again so quickly. Sometimes I get lost in the hospital. Sometimes I just sit and think about one thought over and over again because it might mean a lot to me, a phrase that resonates in my mind and plays on repeat. I feel fairly exhausted after today's day. I don't know if it's due to smaller amounts of sleep, the tension from a new position/rotation, the only now just being able to get back into working out, or what but I had a sleepy day. I just want the weekend here so I can hang out with my sisters and my mom! I was feeling semi lazy after my run (weird?) and decided oatmeal was going to suffice for dinner tonight. Mind you my oatmeals are deluxe and DElicious. Tonight's bowl of joy consists of oats, cranberry granola, mini chocolate chips, lite coffee creamer, and powdered peanut butter! It smells like a no bake but is way better. No offense to those who love no bake cookies but they're not my style. I had a cookie today at a lecture I was able to attend about EMR (Electronic medical records) and patient's satisfaction/dissatisfaction with them. Now THAT was a cookie, I'm not kidding it has been so long since I've had a cookie and that one was to die for. You guys must think I'm super fascinating if all I talk about is eating a cookie. Oh, alright how about this topic. It's call planning ahead. I don't mean plan your life, right now I'm thinking about planning ahead for Christmas shopping. Have you thought about all the people you have to buy gifts for? Your budget? Your ideas? Your time? Don't worry, I've got your back. Start by making a list of all the people you want to get cards or presents or both. Then start going on websites or pinterest and picking out things or kinds of things you want to buy them. For example, what if I wanted to buy a friend of mine some fancy coffee? I'll write it down and yes it is that simple. Then once you have pretty much all of your decisions made up, group the items by stores to get them at. Hopefully you're not running in all different directions but it's okay if you are. BUT before you go, get online and look for coupons or sales coming up that way you're not spending too much money. The gift of giving does not mean spending a ton of money. I love buying and making gifts for people so I try to be savvy with spending. This year I put myself on an extremely tight budget but I'm determined to fall under it. That's all I have for you for now, I'm off to play. Don't forget that if you do get lost like me, you're not alone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment