Sunday, October 21, 2012
Ch3; It's more than a feeling!
The weekend came and is quickly going by and at the moment, I have a ton of things on my mind. Along with the song more than a feelin' stuck in my head!
Let me describe a little bit more about what I do at the hospital each day. Well, though it has only been my first week I am charting on patients. The process? Look on the computer and get their history and reason for being admitted in the hospital. Then we go and talk to the patient, then we write a note / chart on the patient. That's pretty much the process without giving too much detail. At the MDA conference though this Friday, one of the speakers was my previous preceptor. He spoke about physical assessments and how dietitians need to utilize them before their medical charts and histories. For example, a patient's tongue could tell us he or she has a B12 deficiency. There is a wide range of things to learn from a person's physical assessment/evaluation. I want to start learning more about this and try to bring this into the hospital I'm interning at. Next topic. It's a short one, I don't have cable at my apartment, I am currently home and I put the TV on and realize that the farther I get away from watching day time tv, the harder it is to find a show that I actually feel like having on. Next topic. Today is a beautiful foggy, sunny and autumn day. I took the dogs on a walk just now and sang at the top of my lungs. Some days the weather just brings a new light around you. Today's light reminds me of freedom and of taking everything you've been dealt in life or everything that's on your shoulders and just leaving it behind. Walking away and not looking back. I'll call this my, free walk. Last night, I watched my dance recital dvd from May 2011 and yes, I cried. I miss dance more than anything. I miss my feet feeling the floor and the balance it requires. I miss the stretching, leaping, strengthening, breathing, correcting, learning, pushing and performing. I miss my pointe shoes and pointing my toes in general. It was and still remains to be one of the ways I let go and breathe. Don't confuse dance with memories though, I remind myself. Dance is not a memory it's an action and a feeling. Well I said I had a lot on my mind and I do. All good things, mind you. However, I think I will run out to the store after showering because I feel super gross at the moment and take the day to pick up a few things and clean my apartment once I'm back to it. I want to rearrange it but I can't figure out how to do so yet. Oh! An update. Schmitty is getting a little better. She seems more active at least. I think the corgis here at home miss messing with her but I don't think the feeling is mutual. Time to go :) Time to fly, time to drive, time to stay and time to go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment