Monday, October 15, 2012

Ch3;Pg1; Make your move

Look everyone! A new chapter! That means a new rotation is starting today drum roll pleeeease.....CLINICALS! Phew. This is supposedly our hardest or most challenging rotation out of the bunch. It is 10 weeks long and then you have staff relief for 4 weeks at the same location. For the next fourteen weeks we'll be apart of chapters 3 and I suppose 4. To start this morning right, I woke up much earlier than needed but actually slept alright last night and feel like I got the sleep I always try to get. My sister and mother made this dish for me yesterday so I replicated it this morning. Pumpking spice oatmeal: 1/2 cup oats (yes cook these first, I used only 3/4 cup of water because I like oatmeal thick not runny), 1/4 cup canned pumpkin, 1 tsp pumpkin spice, 1/2 tsp brown sugar (packed), 2 tbsp of coffee creamer, and 1/8 cup of chopped pecans. YUM! Give it a shot! ----- Welcome back :D well folks...I survived and it was a very nice and relaxing day. Of course I feel like the newbie but come on it's day one. I think we're all going to enjoy this chapter. I have much on my mind but I'll spread it out incase I do run out of thoughts for a bloggy update. Everyone at MidMich is really nice and welcoming. After work today I went grocery shopping and I find myself more and more in the fresh aisle than in any other aisles now. Trust me I've always tried to balance purchasing fruits and veggies...but I'd always buy more cereal, crackers and granola bars too. Even dietetic students can get better with their groceries! Tonight's meal? A shrimp and veggie stir fry (though my wonderful mother made this ahead of time hehe) along with some sweet potatoes. What was in my grocery cart you're wondering? Chop this up! Spinach leaves, bag o' salad, slivered almonds, pecan chips, mini chocolate chips (trying this in my oatmeal tmr), 2 red peppers, strawberries, 2 lbs of baby carrots, fresh cauliflower, brown rice, almond milk, yellow onions and a cosmopolitan magazine. Under 50$ folks and I'm set for over week. In fact I have a lot of food for one person but it works really well for me. You're probably wondering where the protein is in there and yeah there's some in the nuts but, Jessi struggles with it because at least one person who's reading this knows I'm not the best at cooking meats or more so not the best at even trying because I don't eat much meat. I tend to avoid it but I work around it :) From the picture uploaded you'll see the remainder of my night aside from bike riding and cruising netflix. I made banana muffins from a box mix I previously had and two bananas that were finally perfectly ripe. They look a little dark due to my addition of some spices and a dash of pumpkin spice on the top. My apartment smells heavenly right now and you are definitely missing out. What is under my plate of delicious morsels? Cosmo magazine. Yup gossipy girly goodness that I'm about to close my night with. I must say, I like 7-30am-4pm much better than waking up at 4:30am and getting home at 3. Goodnight hopeful readers, I hope you maybe stick with me as we enter this new chapter. P.s. It's about time you make your move.

No comments:

Post a Comment