Tuesday, October 30, 2012
Ch3;Pg12; I know what you don't want me to
Today was quite a day at the internship. Clinicals make me drained. However, I got my case study patient recently (case study is our biggest project-ish of the internship) and he has a condition that is only prevalent in 1 in 1,000,000 people! It's called Chylomicronemia. In a basic sense, he can't digest fat due to lack of an enzyme. He's really nice to talk to though which is good. After the day was done, though I was tired, I dressed up for a rainy short run and the wind definitely made it a lot more difficult. I made myself some delicious noms, skyped, ichatted, and attempted to rearrange my apartment. It just got messier. I want to move things around then I lose all motivation. For whatever reason, mostly because I'm exhausted by the end of the day, but motivation has been harder to scavenge up lately. I really have to push and most of the time I don't want to. But, today. Ladies and gentlemen I danced. I danced like a fool and though my knee hated me. Those 30 seconds of dancing (And for a camera to boot) made my heart sore. I can't tell you how much dance means to me. My two cents for the day? Here we go. I recall this because I was thinking about my dad and how it's his birthday today. Cent number one: He wrote me once, a long letter with a beautiful card on my birthday. I remember being sad that he was not coming to my dance recital, but after I read his letter I teared up and still do to this day. He told me how he would rather be at my dance recital than anywhere else in the world, but when myself and my sisters were born he made a promise to always provide for us and give us everything he could. He made that promise as a husband to a wife and a father to his daughters. To this day my dad has provided me with a life I am incredibly thankful for. He and my mom work so hard and dance from then on was never about who could watch me, but what I could feel while dancing. Cent number two: Not too long ago my dad reminded me about what perspective means. I wasn't so happy but my dad said, "listen, this is the worst it's been so that's why you're hurting. I though I had hurt the worse I ever would and then I lost my dad and my sister." We left it at that but I think about today because, I lose perspective..we all do. But sometimes your realm of perspective can only span as far as the best and worst things. Something better will happen to expand it more, and unfortunately something worse will happen too. It's all relative. I thought I would share that with you my audience because it means a lot to me, so do all of you! However, I still have some actual work to do tonight so I should get on that. Then I'll probably watch some netflix and try to get more sleep. I hope you all take a second to treat yourself kindly, dance like a fool, and just groove with what life has handed you for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment