Monday, October 29, 2012
Ch3;Pg11; Prayer
I don't really have a specific religion I practice, though I don't even know what that means anymore. I just know I find it interesting and tonight made it even more so. I went to CMU to see Speaker: Dr. Naif Al- Mutawa who spoke not only on his comic book 99, but of history and religion too. Needless to say, that was absolutely worth coming in for as well as seeing multiple friends and hanging out with Caitlin Cheevers afterwards :) I still need to buy that girl a pillow pet. I thought about this earlier today, feel free to ever chime in but I don't expect you to. Sometimes I wish I'd get to the part where it's easier, where the storms feel like they've passed and you know I'm at a solid part of my life. Right now feels so mushy. But if I fast forward, I won't know who I am or what I did to get where I would be. Does that make sense? You can't get somewhere without doing things and the first step to succeeding is showing up. So show up in your life and start doing things that actually make you proud of yourself. The things you'll look back on and be like, this is why we don't have a fast forward button. This is why you can't skip parts of your life. This is who I became and this is what I've done to become it thus far. We're always changing. On a side note, I'm incredibly tired, exhausted, semi stressed, feeling blah and fuzzy because I have a massive headache. I'm calling it a night and finally I hope to get a decent nights sleep. Happy early birthday to my father, I'll pay him a special blog entry tomorrow. He truly is the man I think more boys should look up to and want to become one day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment