
Question #3 that all 20 somethings should ask themselves: "What are my favorite stories? What are your top three movies? Is there a common thread that runs through each story? If you want to see what matters most to you, look at the stories that resonate the closest."
So I'll go with their asking of what are my top three movies? Garden State, Muppet Treasure Island and Moonrise Kingdom.
Garden State: So much about this movie resonates close. When Sam wants to do one thing in the world that no one else has done and she makes this weird sound mixed with a movement because no one's ever done her individual sound. I know it's silly. This story is full of love and adventure and weirdness. "I know it hurts. That's life. If nothing else, It's life. It's real, and sometimes it fuckin' hurts, but it's sort of all we have." I love that quote, but looking at this movie's plot I don't think that my life is like theirs but there are some definite pieces of this movie (like the big movement at the end) that really hit close to home.
Muppet Treasure Island: Uh...well I do love adventure! I seek pretty things and change and I sing to my life like Jim does in the movie. I also am slightly in love with Tim Curry.
Moonrise Kingdom: Young love. Elegant and simplistic. No questions, no second guesses, no uncertainty other than their future jobs...just young love and again adventure. Some of my favorite quotes from this are "I love you but you don't know what you're talking about," "That's a loaded question," "It's been proven by history: all mankind makes mistakes," and "We're in love, we just want to be together, what's wrong with that?" I'm a quoter or lover of quotes.
I do want to write more about these but I have a cover letter to finish. I suppose these are just a top three and main themes or things that matter most to me are taking risks, going on adventures and love. That sounds about right :) I like this. Until then, I think you've still got some lightening in you. -J
No comments:
Post a Comment