
I don't have a word bank in my back pocket to describe how I feel about the tragedy. It's horrific and terrifying. I simply don't understand why things like this happen in our world. It doesn't truly matter how I personally feel about the bombing. It matters that I pray and send positive energy and healing words and thoughts to everyone affected by today's events. While I do wish at times that I had cable and could watch the news, I'm thankful because I don't ever enjoy the media spins on it. I've seen enough for now. I've heard enough. I want to do enough and I hope to figure out how. I'm in shock. A race this weekend changed my life. Another race today has changed the nation's life. It's shaken us and we are in utter horror of the events. We have to stay strong and hold on to one another a little tighter tonight and yes every night. Just as the movie theater shootings happened over the summer, just as the school shootings happened months ago...these tragedies rise but we will and need to rise above them. My heart races with everyone tonight. Praying and fighting. I am here to take a stand. -J.
No comments:
Post a Comment