Sunday, April 7, 2013

Ch8: Weekended: I'm a goat.

Let me tell you what happens when I get sick. I generally get this cough that to me sounds like mix of the screaming goat and a goose honk. It's long, it hurts my chest, and it comes out of no where. It started Friday night and Saturday was fine, no coughing even during my 6 mile run. I got back from that, however, and barely made it out to buy frozen vegetables which I was craving. I'm not sure if I'm craving frozen things again because my iron level is lower than normal but man I cannot get enough of those vegetables. Anywho, so here's what happened this morning and what happens in general when I get sick. 1) I get snuggly and I want cuddles. 2) I don't want people too close for too long if snuggling because I'll get hot and cranky. 3) My chest hurts, bad. I felt this morning as though someone sat on my chest all night long and if I breathe in too deeply I'll split it open. I used to get bronchitis so badly that my chest bones rubbed together, said my pediatrician. 4) I want to sleep and can't fall asleep. 5) I want to drink every fluid I can even orange juice. 6) I hate orange juice, especially with pulp. 7) I want blankets and then I throw them off and then I want them again. 8) I don't like to take dayquil but I know it helps so I'll do it sometimes like today (especially since the half marathon is this Saturday). 9) I love Nyquil. It's not always a good thing. 10) I do odd things like cut my nails and pluck my eyebrows. 11) I want soup and usually can't finish it. 12) I want to whine and complain and then have someone make me laugh. 13) I don't want to laugh too hard because it turns into my cough. 14) I want my comfy clothes but I change them throughout the day. 15) I want vicks vapor rub. 16) I want someone to just talk me to sleep. These are the things that happen when I get sick. Not always in that order but that's how I'm feeling right now. Something I have learned about living on your own is that you need to be okay with taking care of yourself at all times. Did I feel like going grocery shopping? No. Did I feel like making meals for the week? No. Did I want to make my own soup and boil water for endless amounts of tea and do this all by myself? Nope. But guess what? That's life and if you can't do it on your own then you need to start practicing. I'm eager to feel better so I'll be going to bed as early as possible tonight. The half marathon is this Saturday...I am stoked. I'm going to be somewhat busy this week but that's a good thing as I want the week to go by quickly for too many reasons and I'll share them with you as the days come and go.

No comments:

Post a Comment