Sunday, April 21, 2013

Ch9: Fire away


Sometimes I'm left without words. I had a stupendous weekend with many highs and only a few lows. Friday was long and got my mind thinking a lot about the coming changes and the future things that are happening. First and most importantly, the RD exam is number one priority aside from cleaning my apartment / making it even simpler than before. I decided fairly last minute that I was 100% certain about running the Chip River Half Marathon as a farewell to CMU. I didn't get to bed early and after I woke up at 5:00am to some lovely surprises, I had to give up trying to sleep a little longer. Thank you again Kenzie for being awake :) The half marathon I ran was good and bad:

--> This race is small. I'm going to get lost. I'm fueled by negative energy I'm trying to make positive. I hope it works.

--> I'm running at a 9:16 minute pace. That is weird, but feels great! Look at me go!

--> Mile 7: My foot doesn't feel good anymore. Where's the water?

--> Mile 13.5: Why is the finish line farther than it should be? I'm there! Woo, thank goodness!

--> Nom a bagel and meet Aby in the parking lot and drive off to Grand Rapids. Which is good because at that point I didn't think I could walk anymore.

We met up with Ben and his friend Nick and enjoyed meals at Marie Catribs, time at the tea shop, touring the secret garden (Thanks Nick!), sitting around and scored a table at Hop Cat to enjoy some fine beers for the evening. We slept in the room I can't name on this blog but there's a story there so it's all good. Ben made us a delicious lunch and Aby and I finished listening to 50 Cent's autobiography on the way back to Mount Pleasant. The sunshine was so warm the car ride made me sleepy, it was nice to feel the sun shine on my skin again! I got Froyo with Rachell and then we went to our favorite places in the world... Target and the Ready Center. My foot, as I described hurting above, was killing me to walk on. The doctor said there was a good bit of inflammation in the x-ray so it seems as though it's a foot sprain or small stress fracture. I'll be diligent and follow healing protocol. I didn't do anything on my to-do list except get the stress that I'm feeling out of my system via venting. That's a lie, I watched Big Bang Theory and that was on my to-do list.Other than that I'm starting Chapter 9 which will occur throughout my study time period for the RD exam. For this chapter I do not, as of right now, intend to write each day. I'm unemployed so I have time, but I need to use my time efficiently and skillfully. Divided up between studying, eating, p90x-ing, not running for a bit :( and reading/researching information about future avenues. This chapter is going to be a page turner I think, so stay with me. And as always, make sure you think before you act. The fighter, J.

No comments:

Post a Comment