Thursday, April 25, 2013

Ch9: 20 Somethings Question Two



Question #2: Who inspires me the most?

Answer: Well, it's certainly not that my family and closest friends don't inspire. They inspire me daily. They motivate me and they trust me and as far as I'm concerned they're the best there is. I'm going to answer this one with characters/people who are yeah more celebrity like but whatevs. Here goes.

Jillian Michaels - Okay who saw that one coming? I know a few of you did. I've read her story and background multiple times in books and magazines, I love (most) of her podcasts and her workouts / training strategy just gets into me better than other ones. She inspires me to never settle for second best and to always go for first. She reminds me not to let what's happening inside play into what's happening on the outside. She inspires me to do things NOW. "Now, now, NOW" she screams in one of her videos. If not now, when? See what I did there? So. She inspires me.

Movies - That's not really a "who" but certain movies like Perks of Being a Wallflower, CenterStage, Moonrise Kingdom, Hunger Games (eh, book was better), Harry Potter, Garden State and so many others in my opinion are part of what's shaped me into who I am today. Is that goofy? Maybe? I don't care, it's the truth. When I'm watching movies sometimes I get so into them and they get so into my head they make me feel like my thoughts are going to burst with imagination, hope, wonder, excitement, all of the above! I love having my imagination and I love that during both half marathons I wore my Hunger Games Mockingjay pin I got as a gift not to long ago. It stays with me and I really don't care how dorky it is. When running in those half's, I thought a few times...katniss ran without water nd people were hunting her down to kill her, you can keep running. Haha. Anywho so that's that :)

Nature - It inspires me to breathe and seek new opportunities whenever possible. At the beginning of the year (School year) I wrote a note to myself to say "yes" to more. To not just stay in my apartment but rather say yes to trying new things, going on random trips, and moving. It's been a great change of pace and though I feel like I'm usually a "yes" sayer, it's been a different kind of movement this internship year. Sometimes saying yes hasn't been the best choice, but I said yes and I went forth and moved from there.

Reading about Writing about Food: About about about...lol It has been so exciting for me to have time to read each day..even if it's just a chapter here or there. I've been reading about Food Writing and how to break into the business. I'm so excited for my stack of 7 odd food writing/food related/food psychology books to read that I may stop typing up this post now just to go squeeze some more quality book time in. They have inspired me to learn more about Food writing and to take my professional career on a road that I never saw before.

That's all she wrote, for now. Daily life inspires me, sometimes saddens me, sometimes angers me. It all depends on the perspective you take every single day in every single moment. Get inspired, J.

No comments:

Post a Comment