Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Ch8:Pg13: Live by your Ethics

"I believe that anything you truly want to do and set your mind to and devote your time to would be a worthy and beautiful cause," I said to my dear friend who wants to make a difference. Just know that the evil/bad will always, always try to sneak in between the cracks no matter what we do. It's about power. It's about having power and showing others what they can do with it. Be a good kind of power. It's also about how we react to it and how we fight back that counts (as if you don't already know that) but if you want to do something, do it. If you feel like you can't, you can. I felt helpess I wanted to fly help but I logistically I can't do that. I wore a race shirt the following day and though it doesn't "do" anything it is my way of saying this was wrong and I'm not sure how yet to make a difference and be a powerful and positive force on this world. This is one small thing I can do. This weekend I'm running another half marathon (run with me if you like), I wanted to run in a shirt that says Boston Strong or something...it's small..it's silent and I dont do it for me but for the fact that this is how I can reach to them right now, it's small but I want to reach. I want to reach. Darryl Hannah said tonight, "live by your ethics." Yes. Live by your moral compass and be hope, be strength and be the good.

That's beautiful

Just remember when you don't feel like you're making a difference, you're wrong. You can make changes and you can do things no matter how small you feel about them. If you're good, than you're half way there. Live by your ethics. It's about power struggles, be a good kind of power.

It's not about guns. It's about power.

No comments:

Post a Comment