Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Ch9: The questions for all 20-somethings


Don't worry I'm not answering them all right now, here is the link to go to the site yourself with the questions. Samantha sent them to me recently and I think they are questions worthy of answering during my ripe age of 22. I'll only answer one per post but these definitely provide at least some spice to this robot writing style I feel like I've had for the last couple of days.

Question 1: Do the people I'm surrounded by bring me life?

Answer: Mostly. I have definitely had my trials and errors with people and friends going way back to Middle school and High school. There are certain friendships, with girls or guys, that I have needed to ask myself, "Why?" I know, I know. It sounds cruel but if, as the prompt/question states, leaving hanging out with your friends leaves you feeling anxious, there's a problem. Friendships should not bring on anxiety, yes they all have their bumps and sometimes you need to evaluate yourself in the situation but in general your friends should bring you happiness and good cheer, real advice, honesty and trust. All of those things tie into being a good person and a good friend. This is a harder question for me to ask myself right now because in all honesty there are a select few friends in my life that know me. They know who I am, they understand where I'm at and they fuel my future if you will. I have many facebook friends that I care for but we are not close to the point where we text or call or skype and that's okay. They are extremely important to me as well. I guess it's good to ask yourself where toxicity is coming from and is it a friend? Sometimes you don't even know it until you ask yourself this question or until you are asked about it by other people/friends. No, this doesn't mean I'm deleting anyone in my facebook world just because we're not as close and they don't know the intimate parts of my life. But this does mean that those who are my friends, know it and the ones that I know are not true friends, well, I know it. Make any sense? Please dont' go analyzing my writing in this prompt and wonder "Is it me she's talking about" "Am I her good friend" "I THOGUHT WE WERE FRIENDS BLAH BLAH BLAh" C'mon. I'm just writing in a general fashion and think that yes, in my twenties and probably throughout life, I should surround myself with people who bring me life. Sometimes even those who don't surround me bring me life. Take it to heart, friends, I love you all very much. -J

No comments:

Post a Comment