
Usually these stories end in, "and then I found five dollars." Not the case. What a long weekend. Albeit it didn't go according to plans but I'm so glad that my car broke down in Mount Pleasant and I had friends on standby ready to pick me up and help me out at a moment's notice. So the scoop. In short, I made it to Mount Pleasant and I was at a stoplight when I heard a large pop sound. I started to drive after the light turned green and a car behind me started honking and a runner near me started waving his arms and I looked back and saw smoke. Adrenaline came in quickly and I pulled into the next driveway I could. Haha this sounds so dramatic! I was nervous my car was going to set on fire but alas it was brake problems and the smoke eventually stopped. After waiting for the tow truck and sitting outside a little longer...I got a bad sunburn lol. We all just had to laugh about my day later. Sometimes laughter is the only way to make it through. It honestly was a really fun weekend but I'm glad to have finally made it home for a bit. I don't know if the guy at Las Senorita could tell it was a rough Friday but at least I got a free margarita out of the deal. Thank you again to Rachell and Christian for giving me places to stay and cable to watch along with netflix, laughter, porch talks, late nights, a comfy couch...all of the above. It was their weekend before exams and I'm so glad I got to spend it with them. Thank you to their roommates for also housing me :)
Moving forward. Or trying. I started looking at jobs again and honestly just didn't feel like searching but I did. I just want to study for the exam and I want to know where I'm going. If anyone has suggestions for a car that I'm going to buy, like a new one and not a previously owned, I appreciate suggestions :) Currently, there are a few types I'm looking at but if you don't know this about me I'm not super duper car savvy. So help a sister out.
That's a big move. Buying a car. Moving to a new location and I don't know where I'm going exactly. There are areas I'd like to be in (cough Grand Rapids) but there's no guarantees. I have no idea where to go and what to do. That's kind of funny huh? I'm a grad student and guess what? I still don't know what I'm doing all the time. That's cool though, I think we're all in the same ocean no matter what boat we're in.
So. Moving. Car shopping. Job searching. Leaps of faith.
"Sometimes the only available form of transport is a leap of faith." Sam sent this to me and it happened to be after a workout that was much needed and it just made me tear up :) There have been a lot of feelings being felt this last week and weekend and now that I'm home they're spilling over. It's okay but seeing that quote gave me some strength that I really needed and it also restored some faith that I am still deciding what to do with. What do you really need in life right now? Have you thought about it lately? I have. I know what I want (well kind of) and I know what I think I need and what I want to need and what I need to want. Welp. I will continue hopefully tomorrow with the 20 something's question list as they were good writing prompts. Until then. If the only transport is leaps of faith, I hope you'll leap with me. -J
No comments:
Post a Comment