Simplicity. Let's talk about this for a hot second. I'm looking around my apartment and starting to think of the things I'm ready to get rid of, donate, and sell or change. I'm thinking about my room back home and thinking of going through it piece by piece and trimming things away from my life. Trimming the drama if you will. I just want to live simply. I'm simplifying my life and I'm cutting physical items out that I don't need and don't want anymore. I need less clutter, I need less noise and less empty items. Empty items meaning things that don't hold a meaning to me or things that are just clutter...they're stressin me out! Time to get rid of the dramatic little items in my apartment and yes that might mean a few squirrels...maybe...but also I'm just ready to live minimally and be at peace with myself and my surroundings. It's going to be pretty great. Long term care is a really interesting setting so far as Day 2 has now passed and I'm getting the feel for what it would be like as a long term care dietitian. You actually build relationships with the residents instead of just saying "Oh you had a heart attack? Let me get you started on a heart healthy diet." Now, don't get me wrong. There is a need for that in acute settings. We need to try and stress the importance of making changes even when things have already gone wrong medically/physically in a person's life so that they can live a healthier life and hopefully they won't have as many health conditions later on. There's a place for nutrition everywhere. My place will definitely be somewhere where I will build a reputation and make connections with people be it writing, community...whatever! I'm still thinking about my daydream of having a big open room with a clean minimal desk and my computer, books, and thoughts all to me. I'm going to write a book btw. I'm going to run a marathon (yes, a full marathon) and I'm going to do lots of awesome things. P.S. a shout out to my gal Aby whom I've missed for the last three weeks and finally got to skype with :) She was in Virginia completing a pediatric rotation and you all know I was in GR so limited talking equaled a long skype date tonight. Which was good because let's be honest, I didn't feel like doing much else after working out and eating my avocado dinner. Nom. Live simply, simply live. Keep it simple stupid, J.
Tuesday, April 2, 2013
Ch8:Pg2: K-I-S-S.
Simplicity. Let's talk about this for a hot second. I'm looking around my apartment and starting to think of the things I'm ready to get rid of, donate, and sell or change. I'm thinking about my room back home and thinking of going through it piece by piece and trimming things away from my life. Trimming the drama if you will. I just want to live simply. I'm simplifying my life and I'm cutting physical items out that I don't need and don't want anymore. I need less clutter, I need less noise and less empty items. Empty items meaning things that don't hold a meaning to me or things that are just clutter...they're stressin me out! Time to get rid of the dramatic little items in my apartment and yes that might mean a few squirrels...maybe...but also I'm just ready to live minimally and be at peace with myself and my surroundings. It's going to be pretty great. Long term care is a really interesting setting so far as Day 2 has now passed and I'm getting the feel for what it would be like as a long term care dietitian. You actually build relationships with the residents instead of just saying "Oh you had a heart attack? Let me get you started on a heart healthy diet." Now, don't get me wrong. There is a need for that in acute settings. We need to try and stress the importance of making changes even when things have already gone wrong medically/physically in a person's life so that they can live a healthier life and hopefully they won't have as many health conditions later on. There's a place for nutrition everywhere. My place will definitely be somewhere where I will build a reputation and make connections with people be it writing, community...whatever! I'm still thinking about my daydream of having a big open room with a clean minimal desk and my computer, books, and thoughts all to me. I'm going to write a book btw. I'm going to run a marathon (yes, a full marathon) and I'm going to do lots of awesome things. P.S. a shout out to my gal Aby whom I've missed for the last three weeks and finally got to skype with :) She was in Virginia completing a pediatric rotation and you all know I was in GR so limited talking equaled a long skype date tonight. Which was good because let's be honest, I didn't feel like doing much else after working out and eating my avocado dinner. Nom. Live simply, simply live. Keep it simple stupid, J.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment