Monday, September 10, 2012

Chapter Two; Page One; L-o-v-e

Wow. I woke up today and I wasn't even nervous. I felt confidant and ready to get dressed and eat a healthy "get yourself in the mood to work it" breakfast. Then I drank coffee on the way there, then we had coffee when we got there....I had a lot of caffeine that I wasn't used to today but hey, it all went well. The VA hospital was pretty awesome! I really like the people I'm working with/under and I'm excited for all of the projects I'm going to get. I met some amazing people that I don't even know very well let alone remember all their names. The purpose is to serve the veterans and I can't think of a better way to spend 9-11 tomorrow. I can't think of a better way to spend my food service rotations. I can't easily go into detail about everything but man I feel like I'm going to learn so much in the next five weeks and it is going to fly by. Other things for this page? Well, I made a mix for sweet potato and vegetable ensemble burritos last night! It is so delicious that I cannot wait to stop typing in this blog so I can go and heat that up! Sweet potatoes, onion, red pepper, cumin, cilantro, beans, chili powder, annnnd a little olive oil. Mix, put in tortilla and top with cheese. Sofa-king nom. Wow. K. UM So another thing on my mind? Aside from being jacked to work out because I really need to get the jitters of the day out of my body. Little things. It's the little things in life that matter so much. Like reminding yourself, hey you should floss and rinse with mouth wash every day. You might use mouth wash but do you floss? I've taken a liking to it recently because I did it once...then freaked a little when there was gunk between my teeth that flew out. TMI? Well you should try it, get grossed out by it and then you'll never not floss at least once a day. Back to my point, it's the little things about taking care of YOU that are so important and will make the biggest impacts on your day and on your life. I have reminders every where to do very minuscule tasks, but they matter. Even things like, "don't skip cleaning/scrubbing the floors, don't forget to floss, hey pluck your eyebrows, or hey go sing a song and unwind." It's important to take care of you with the little things, then the big things aren't so bad. I found three colors of string the other day and while I have left over I did end up making that anklet. It's a little thing. Little things that make you feel bigger and better. So keep pushing. Keep faith and love high on your priorities. We are okay. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment