Thursday, September 27, 2012
Ch2;Pg14; Babel
Today was another day at the VAMC! There is not much to report there as I'm finishing all of my projects quickly and well, this week has been a longer one and I'm eager for it to be done. I imagine now that a lot of my friends are at their first couple exams and projects and that it's getting stressful so here are some tips from yours truly to destress and enjoy: 1) Time / pace yourself- you will thank yourself I swear. Just put that timer on for 50 minutes work hard and when it buzzes off you'll be so happy! Take the next 10 minutes and Idk find a youtube video to watch like bloopers from your fave tv show or movie, or sing some songs or dance it out or go bug your roommate? Idk what you'll do but just do it! Then get back to work 2) They say it's good to have some physical object near you when you do homework (no I don't mean your desk or a marker) but something to symbolize to you that you mean business. For me it's my desk lamp. I know, it's weird but when I turn that on I'm on go mode, I mean business. Maybe try a paperweight? Lol or possibly a hat you put on that makes you work. Try some different things out and see what feels best for you. 3) Say yes to more and no to plenty. What I mean is, c'mon say yes to that friend who wants to shop at target for no reason or to the friend who just wants to watch funny videos with your or "procrastinate" together. Say yes! Relax and live it up! But hey, say no to plenty too! You're like what, 20 something? Majority of my friends are in their 20's or close or something but like c'mon life's got way more out there and if you want to get "way more out there" you need to work your booty off. That's just that. 4) Surround yourself with pretty things. Yes this is for guys too and everyone's definition of pretty is different. For example, I thought it would be nice to put some flowers in a mason jar on my lil side table by my couch. They're pretty and smell nice and it's honestly a stress reducer. Or light some candles or guys, DECORATE. Do it in your way but I mean c'mon do something. However, do it for you and do what you like best (in terms of decorating). It's your space, make it livable, clean, stress-free and lovely. 5) Eat nutritionally well. Did everyone see me writing about this one? No i don't eat SUPER HEALTHY FREAKY all the time. I ate a whole pizza not more than a week ago! But guess what, eating healthy truly makes you feel better. Physically, mentally, emotionally...it's a win win win situation. Ask me for my favorite tips one day and I'll talk your ear off. 6) Get the hell outside and that's all I'm going to say. 7) Change up your study space, hit up a coffee shop (Aby hahahaha) or the library or your neighbors couch or I don't know just change it up once in a while. 8) Throw caution to the wind and just keep trying
So think about what reduces your stress and do it. Make those reminders for the little things (remember how I talked about flossing? Yeah, do it!) and post them where you'll see them. For example I wrote a sticky note in bright colors on my nutella and peanut butter jar that says THINK with hearts and smiley faces so that I don't just dig in because I feel like it. ----- All in all, do you things for you, keep others in mind and get outside. Also, I should mention that skype is thee greatest invention or like webcam talking in general (no not chat roulette) but Aby and I tots had a great evening together since we skyped the majority of it! Hang in there everyone, watch out for curling irons, and don't give up. Cuz' I know my weakness, know my voice but I believe in grace and choice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment